BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Big Row about going off on the bike FFS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

panrider
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:48 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must be 1 of the lucky ones ,every time i get my bike out she just wants to know which ferry we are catching Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:53 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

feef wrote:
last year the gf and I went camping in france on the thunderace.. a soft pannier each, and everything else in the tank-bag or bungeed to the grab-rail..

this year I've got an FJR with full hard luggage.. to her it's luxury Wink

next year we're plannig the ferry to Bilbao, and riding up thru dfrance staying in B&Bs..

she was complaining we'd not been out on the bike much in the last few weeks Very Happy

guess I'm just lucky Very Happy

a

how do you like the fjr feef ?what mpg do you get on a good run ?
ive been looking at swaping from the st to the fjr for the last 9 months .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:01 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider wrote:
i must be 1 of the lucky ones ,every time i get my bike out she just wants to know which ferry we are catching Very Happy

OK so now I hate you too Wink

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any comfort Mike, you know you're not on your own! Thumbs Up

zephyrgirl
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:20 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an ideal world you would get her to do her test and get her own bike. That way you would have a pillion free ride, there would be two bikes to share the luggage (including all the make up & shoes) and you would both enjoy it.

In reality, Stinkwheels idea of B&B is the way to go.
I toured Ireland with hubby for our honeymoon last August, me on the XJR, him on the GSX1400. We stayed in B&B's and had a huge brekkie each morning which meant that we didn't really need to stop for lunch and had an evening meal out when we arrived at our next destination.

The XJR is a lovely bike for pillions (so I'm told) and to be honest although the bike will carry all the camping gear and wifey no probs, she will be more comfortable if she isn't surrounded by tents, sleeping bags, stoves etc.

Book the ferry, sort out a route, arrange accomodation and have a great holiday.

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Big Row about going off on the bike FFS Reply with quote

MikeH wrote:
Anyway, how do you fellas get your other halfs to give in to a life as a touring pillion and where do they keep all their shoes????

The first thing I buy for my bike(s) are single seat conversions. I remember the last time I had her on the back, digging her knee's into me everytime I lean it over in a corner. Well, I say lean it over, but what I mean is lie it flat. Laughing

She didn't like that too much. Anyway, it just add's extra weight. Wink

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 18:02 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider wrote:
how do you like the fjr feef ?what mpg do you get on a good run ?
ive been looking at swaping from the st to the fjr for the last 9 months .

Loving it..

not been on any long runs yet, only had it a fortnight.. longest run has ben 50 miles..

Getting over 40mpg on it, and that's commuting.

The FJR is definately more sporty than the ST..

a

PanEuro1100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:57 - 08 Apr 2006    Post subject: Arguing about taking missus out Reply with quote

I argue that I don't want to take my missus out cos I like riding solo but she always wins last year we ended up in Scotland.
https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/gardenstown/gardenstown/index.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

beemer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 02:52 - 08 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My missus complains that its not fair that my kids get to go out on the back of my bike and she don't. I'm afraid the chilblains do tie you down a bit. I don't get any grief WHEN I do get to go out on rideouts, luckily. Very Happy

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:31 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlnicholsony2k wrote:
Believe me, I have tried everything.

She knows just how special the trip will be, and is well aware of the fact that it would be MANY years before we could do it again, but she is simply not willing to experience ANY discomfort of any sort for any price.

The bike isn't comfy enough, (KLE500?), tent's are cold, hotels will be cheap and nasty, won't have enough time in Spain etc, etc.

We have done her shitty boring summer beach holidays for years, and I just want one holiday that I might enjoy. Just one!

MikeH. If you find a definitive solution, PM me FFS!

Simple solution here mates.

Let her take the plan and sit on the beach while you take your time riding out to meet her. Then spend a day or two resting up before heading off home on the bike.

She can have her “holiday” and you can have your holiday without all the agro.

Skub
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:07 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I do when I buy a new bike is to screw off the pillion rests and fire them to the back of the garage,I'll look for them when I'm selling the bike.

So,if the missus asks to go on the bike I tell her it doesn't take passengers.

Fucked if I'd be bothered with all that co-pilot shit.

He travels fastest,who travels alone. Mr. Green

Cazza
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 05 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot are all so NASTY!

go with the compromise of B&B. My blokes been on about going tenting n stuff; I love going on the bike but the thought of carting all the tenting gear as well as clothes would just take away the fun.

You'll just have to explain that it's a "different" kind of holiday where she doesn't have to get tarted up on an evening or whatever so won't need all those clothes n shoes, etc.!

Failing that.... just give it up mate (cos we always win) Wink

lardyboy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:18 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Get a good bike for 2 Reply with quote

Bought a GSXR 750 k6 whilst my mrs was on business in America, to be fair I did send her a picture of her little suprise. She said "I dont want to go on the back of that thing !, When it arrived she said ok then I will have a go. This lasted approx 6 minutes then she said ok enough I want to go home now, perhaps if I had put the seat on the back instead of the hump she may have got on better.

Now off to the GP with a few mates and no mrs all its cost me is a girls sking trip in March !!!!!!

As with most things female - money usually sorts it out Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2