Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Killa's biking history *Part 4*

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 16:29 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Killa's biking history *Part 4* Reply with quote

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I got down to my DAS lessons, this was something I was pretty concerned about doing, I heard it was a lot harder than it had been in the past. I had got rid of 9 points on my licence by now, I was down to 3 again…Shifty Thumbs Up

The ER5 I was using wasn’t at all bad, actually it made the lessons easier. My balance and road manner was good, it always has been and the instructor knew it. I had a total of five lessons, just to be sure I was doing everything ok.

I had waited for this day for years, pushing my luck on smaller bikes was actually going to pay off, I was ready for this.

I passed first time with two minors, I had the harshest examiner on the board, Tim. He had failed a few of my friends and failed my mate doing his car licence five times!
I found out around a year or so later he was going through a divorce at the time as well, so this confirmed I am a capable rider. Wink Thumbs Up

Ok, challenge one, got the test done, hearing the instructor tell you “You can ride anything now mate” Is music to a bikers ear.
Do I start small and work my way up?
Do I do the sensible thing and get an ER5?
Do I fuck...live the dream!…damn my conscience. Laughing
I start looking for that bike

I see one, the perfect example, the bank says yes, the seller says yes, so off I go to Wales to have a look.
Being 21 you’d think all this is just a breeze by now, but I still had butterflies, I still got nervous about the bike, I don’t think I’ve been much happier in my life when I finally got home on the VFR400R.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Killa127/DSC00808-1.jpg

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Killa127/DSC00806-1.jpg

Damn fine machine, I must say. A perfect size, a perfect weight, the power delivery is exceptional and she doesn’t hang about. Oh and that noise!

So I got there, I achieved to the dream, I’m now passed it, passed the wonderment of biking...I think.
Over six years of biking, slips, falls, sun, rain, snow, hail, cold and everything else it could throw at me.
I don’t know when I’ll hang the lid up but it’s not for awhile yet.
I’m still enjoying it as much as I always did, but the first few years were magic, nothing beats biking in my eyes. I may struggle sometimes to pay the bills, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Hope you’ve enjoyed the posts so far

Killa

Part 5

Last edited by killa on 14:28 - 05 Apr 2018; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Slickfish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:59 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a good read this lot mate, best posts I think I've seen from you Cool .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:09 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the most i've read through in one sitting Killa - very nice work ! Karma

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on you for taking the time to bother. BCF needs more of this and less about how to console your little 14 year old brother that's recently split up with his girlfriend (who may be pregnant but she's not sure who the father is).

Have some karma.

Isn't there a bit more to the story though (like the need for another test)? Why not do a part 5?

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed reading all parts of your little biking history Mr. Green mirrors mine in certain ways, I started my biking career in 1999 had numerous 50's and 125's and had some motocross bikes, now I have my big bike. Never had a bike nicked though Razz

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:23 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up, probably the longest thread iv ever botherd to read on here Thumbs Up we need more like this Smile
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chalky143
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:01 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive enjoyed that nice read...glad u like biking as much as u did m8

LIVE the DREAM!
Previous bikes::cbr600 steelie race bike, 1989 Honda vfr750f, 2013 Honda fireblade, 2013 Ducati multistrata 1200s, 2012 Triumph street triple R, 1999 yamaha r6, vfr 800, ducati 600ss, vfr 400x2, ntv 650, bandit 600, cagiva mito 125, aprilia rs 50, honda c90x2, honda hornet 600x2, cbr 600, aprilia rx50, suzuki katana
My bike pics: https://www.bikepics.com/members/chalky143/

lee125
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good read Thumbs Up Karma but your a bit unlucky with getting your bikes nicked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read mate, do some more i really enjoyed reading em. Thumbs Up

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:42 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmahon wrote:
Why not do a part 5?

Coming up.... Cool Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

anders wrote:
Killa you bought some tears to my eyes.

I enjoyed your 4 posts and I wish you the best of luck in everything you do in life, be it bikes, marriage or work.

Please stay healthy and live it to the full as you did, you are a good person and I wish you the best.

Thank you Karma Thumbs Up

Anders, if you laced your words with sugar any more, you'd give us all diabetes. Laughing

Good stuff Killa. Thumbs Up

SimonB
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:37 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant read and very well written such a shame that so many of your bikes were stolen. Looking forward to part 5 Thumbs Up
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:58 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

anders wrote:

Excuse me It is not clear to me.
Thank you.

Fair enough. But you really should check that bowl of cereal for the hidden ecstasy tablet. Wink

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
anders wrote:

Excuse me It is not clear to me.
Thank you.

Fair enough. But you really should check that bowl of cereal for the hidden ecstasy tablet. Wink

Laughing *awards a fiver*
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 5 years, 313 days between these two posts...

devojunior
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:55 - 15 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

that lot brought back alot of memories mate well done . definatly beats palying on playstation all day and night like my brother did.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 08:15 - 16 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

devojunior wrote:
that lot brought back alot of memories mate well done . definatly beats palying on playstation all day and night like my brother did.

I did a lot of that as well. Probably too much Embarassed Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1