Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dual Layer writble DVDs..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:11 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Dual Layer writble DVDs.. Reply with quote

I see these can now be got for around £1.50 each for small quantities, which is starting to sound a bit more reasonable.
I've got a dual layer writer I've had for a while.

Any suggestions on what to buy, etc.
Being lazy (I could google it), will this mean I can just stick a video DVD in nero and click 'copy'?

Redliner
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:05 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DL discs you get for £1.50 will be probably be a bit shoddy, the majority of discs are manaufactured by a small group of companies, (CMC Magnetics/Prodisc being maybe the two worst), and then rebranded and sold under various labels.

When buying discs always get either Taiyo yuden or Verbatim. They cost but they're almost always reliable burns, since Taiyo Yuden manufacture thier own discs instead of selling other peoples, and manufacture them to far higher standard than other manufacturers, and verbatim use rebranded TY or Mitsubishi (MCC) discs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiyo_Yuden

https://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

No you can't just copy a DVD video to a DL DVD, even though you won't need transcoding to reduce the size of the DVD data, the original disc still contains copy protection that you need to bypass.
Get AnyDVD -LINK- (there's a key for this kicking round somewhere on BCF) and extract the DVD data to your HD, you can then select the DVD data on you HD in Nero, and set it to copy it to the DL DVD (make sure you select DVD9 in the appropriate part of Nero burning ROM).

Help?

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 13:37 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or for a easy way to make dual layer discs get the prog i put in this post,

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=87848

It will make dl dvd 9 from any dvd source and also loose any restrictions you may not want Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:59 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers people.

If it's not worth going for the cheap ones, think I'll leave it for the mo.

Mal
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:12 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have yet to find a program easier or more reliable than DVD Shrink. PM me if you want a copy.

M
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1