Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Long Distance on Two Stroke 125's

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (26 Jul 2006 - 19:34)
View previous topic : View next topic  

YAY OR NAY
YAY
67%
 67%  [ 42 ]
NAY
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
ARE YOU NUTS?
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 62

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take the risk to prove a point. 125s will be running at the top of their performance most of the time, a blade would be doing sod all revs in 6th.

The added engine wear isn't worth it. I normally stick at 50ish on my commute because i value my engine and my life lol.

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point, but you dont have to gun a 125 all the time, least not an rs 125, I can comfortabley run at 70mph in sixth with the revs around 6,000 k

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:27 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulthewitt wrote:

oh and you need tax, even to take it to an MOT. once it is taxed and insured, you are ok to drive it to the MOT test centre, but not back if it fails.
Paul

thats not true, Rolling Eyes Its perfectly legal to ride with no tax and no MOT to an MOT testing centre and back regardless of the test outcome, so long as you are booked in for an MOT at an MOT centre. Ive done it countless times. If you think about it, if your MOT and tax ever both ran out you wouldnt be able to tax the bike or get it MOT'd. THis still applies even if the bike is on a SORN declaration.

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:29 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take the bike to be MOT'd, and the garage says

"It's gunna cost you 600 quid."

Do you have the right to tell them to shove it and go somewhere else (If you know they are trying to rip you off)? Or can you not leave the garage because the bike is, according to them, in an unfit state?
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:38 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your under no obligation to have them fix your bike, in fact your far better takeing to a station that dosn't do repairs, because they dont have any reason to invent failiures, or attempt to charge you offensive ammounts..

^ the doing long distances on a 2stroke, a mate of mine used to go to wales reguarly (from the midlands) on his 50cc scootay, never a problem..

He even had an nsr125 race tuned (propperly by a propper tuneing company, for whom they were testing the oil on real millage) and rode it 500 miles in one day, no porblems.. However 500miles throttle pinned allong the motorway.. not good Thumbs Down so take scenic route Thumbs Up

Jebus
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:26 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what i am going to do is get insurance sorted asap and then book mot if it passes YAY if not ride back home sort any problems, dout anything serious and then take it back get me mot, ride to post office tax it and then get some riding in untill i gotta start my commuting!

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a search on the internet for MOT criteria, then give it a once-over yourself so you know in advance if any work needs doing Thumbs Up

Jack

Jebus
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:58 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i think the brakes are dragging a bit so it may need them sorted, it should be ok get it done and see what happens, wish me luck be doning in next 2 weeks

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:17 - 21 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:
If you take the bike to be MOT'd, and the garage says

"It's gunna cost you 600 quid."

Do you have the right to tell them to shove it and go somewhere else (If you know they are trying to rip you off)? Or can you not leave the garage because the bike is, according to them, in an unfit state?

You can ride to and from an MOT test centre without MOT or road tax, even when a bike is on a SORN declaration. This applies whether the bike passes or fails the MOT, since there is a national maximum MOT charge the garage cannot charge more than this. If they want to quote £600 thats fine, but you are within your rights to say no, and in most cases fix it and return the following day for a free re-test.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 21 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The £600 was for the repairs, not an MOT. An MOT is fixed at £23, and depending what it fails on and when you get it repaired, there will be a free retest. If not, you'll be paying full whack again.

Jack
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 284 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2