Post your bike pics here!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:39 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: Chills Reply with quote

SummY wrote:

Dont take this the wrong way chills or anyone else but why are you spending your money on a 125 when you could be spending it on your gixxer? I would of thought comming of your 750 you'd be quite bored with the power on a 125?

'tis a fair comment - I wonder myself sometimes! Rolling Eyes

I DO however spend money on the gixxer and have just got an Akroprovic race titanium jobbie so it sounds as good as it goes now. Laughing
Also there are lots of mods for gixxers that I have done, that don't cost money! Some electronic CPU stuff and airbox mods.

I have fitted an arrows exhaust on the NSR and re-jetted it all. (Don't think I got the jetting quite right though as it keeps coating the plug - 40/135). Still it's heaps faster now and more fun.The NSR is just a toy for me and indeed is slow as shit compared to my 750. But it amuses me! You can rev the nuts off the NSR but try that on the gixxer (in traffic) and you'll soon be in trouble! (86 mph in first!!! HONEST!)

But at the end of the day..

NSR ~135 Kg / ~22ish hp?
GSXR ~166 Kg / 141 hp!! The figures kinda speak for themselves!

Oh yeah, Annabella... since takin the photos I fitted flush mounted clear indicators at the front and dark tinted ones on the back. (And the Arrow carbon can of course). Looks much better now but the paintjob is still to be sorted! Got your toy on the road yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: re:chills Reply with quote

I can see where your comming from there..I'd like to have a smaller bike to thrash about, but with my insurance prices its somthin i'll have to live without

My dad bought a Akraprovic titanium race can the other day too..Couldn't beleive the weight of it compaired to my stainless steel one..Couldn't believe the price of the thing either, the best dont come cheap does it chills..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 16:19 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chills, how much did you pay for your Arrows system then?...and where did you get it from?...I'm thinkin' about getting one soon, but not sure about the price that I should be paying for them...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:11 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: re:chills Reply with quote

SummY wrote:

I can see where your comming from there..I'd like to have a smaller bike to thrash about, but with my insurance prices its somthin i'll have to live without

My dad bought a Akraprovic titanium race can the other day too..Couldn't beleive the weight of it compaired to my stainless steel one..Couldn't believe the price of the thing either, the best dont come cheap does it chills..

I only pay ~100 squid insurance on the NSR! With no no-claims!
And yep, the Akro is much lighter and indeed costly! But I only paid £200 for the oval titanium can as it was 2nd hand. But <500 miles and immaculate. I think the silencer alone retails at £340ish. But you can really tell it's quality - power is up quite a bit and it sounds so sweet! Very Happy

Maybe you should buy a beaten up NSR and live a little? Mine only cost me £200 odd and although I've spent a fair bit on it, I should get most of it back when I sell it!

L8R

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:15 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

tin wrote:

Hey Chills, how much did you pay for your Arrows system then?...and where did you get it from?...I'm thinkin' about getting one soon, but not sure about the price that I should be paying for them...

Tin

I think it was around £200, Stan Stephens. They're very friendly and helpful on the phone, BTW!
It's quite a lot of dosh but it does sound a lot better and (with the derestriction) transforms the bike, power-wise. It's needs a bit of work on the jetting but once sorted feel free to pop over and try it to see if you want it done to your bike!

Still haven't spotted you on the Bristol roads! You never take her out?

Chris

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:52 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y you not get the Jolly Moto at only £135, did Stan and his gang say that the arrows was a lot better?? Didnt they recomend the correct jet or summin? Just in case u didnt get my email, how was youre bike restricted?? So many questions, so little time, sorry.
Dyl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 20:27 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chills wrote:
Still haven't spotted you on the Bristol roads! You never take her out?

Almost right there...Things are hotting up a bit at uni, and I have loads of coursework to get done over the next month...I'm too worried about the exams though, so I'm gonna regard myself as "free" in about 4 weeks time!...but until then...

I try to take it for a little blip every weekend, but this hasn't been the case recently...also, it feels a bit lonely to be riding solo...but I spotter a tri-colour NSR parked outside a house along my dog-walking route, maybe I'll bump into the rider one day...

Where abouts in Bristol are you?...I've had a look at the pic and description of your house and it certainly doesn't sound like it's in Bristol!...are you near the south/towards Bath?...do you ride by Filton often?

Dylan wrote:
Y you not get the Jolly Moto at only £135

I think that the phrase "yous gets whats yous pays for" might be applicable here...it must be cheaper for a reason...?

Tin

Chills
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:18 - 14 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

tin wrote:

I try to take it for a little blip every weekend, but this hasn't been the case recently...also, it feels a bit lonely to be riding solo
Where abouts in Bristol are you?...I've had a look at the pic and description of your house and it certainly doesn't sound like it's in Bristol!...are you near the south/towards Bath?...do you ride by Filton often?

Dylan wrote:
Y you not get the Jolly Moto at only £135

I think that the phrase "yous gets whats yous pays for" might be applicable here...it must be cheaper for a reason...?

Tin

I'm in St. George! I do occasionally pass through Filton but not too often as you have bloody GATSOs on that fast road by the airport!
My house is an old (18thC) farmhouse, hidden away but it IS in St. George, honest.

You ever wanna go for a ride, just yell. Riding on your own CAN be crap, I know.

As for the Jolly Moto - I preferred the looks of the Arrow and the build quality is indeed apparently better. Performance is supposed to be about the same but the Arrow have more proven quality so I went with them.

The jet size is an awkward one and I followed some people on this forum who mentioned the 40/135 sizes. I think I need to drop down though, to 130,132? Maybe I'll call Stan Stephens and see what they say. Without a dyno, it's a bit of a gamble.

Dylan - I DID get your e-mail and replied. You should get it soon.

l8r peeps - ride safe.

PS Sorry to drag this thread off at a tangent - not intentional. More bike pics please!!!!

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:16 - 15 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, still not sure what exhasut to get!!! Maybe the nickon as someone said there build quality was good. I was reading a book on 2 stoke tuning and if you look at the RK exhasut its desighn is terriable!!! (probably intentional to make it slow as).
Dyl
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 7 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3