Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fines and speed camera for foreign bike(r)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

mikcalcutta
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:26 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Fines and speed camera for foreign bike(r) Reply with quote

Hi,
I got an Italian driving license and an Italian plate bike.And I m riding on England Road. What is going to happen if I police find me speeding or doing something wrong? They can not take off points from my license, and they can not fine me on the road?..So?..........

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:28 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They can take you to court and fine you.

Whether they would bother is something else.

All the best

Keith

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kickstart said, however don't take that as a licence to jaunt and piss about on OUR roads and give US a bad name, as we have to live with the consequences (tougher laws more surveillance).

If you do I'll give Siggi your address.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

If you do I'll give Siggi your address.

Laughing

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:50 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I heard that if a foreign national is caught doing something really stupid on the roads than they are instantly arrested, night in cells, and fast tracked to court the next day. Apparently it happened to a japanese bloke with a very fast nissan skyline on the A1 near peterborough. He was doing a feature for Max Power.

SteveyRF600
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreign drivers will be arrested if they cannot provide a suitable address for a summons, so if matey is on holiday or two weeks and gets booked the chances are he could be put straight before the magistrate. If you can convince the bobby that your resident in the uk long enough to receive the summons you will either get a fixed penalty notice or summons.... to be honest dealing with foreign motorists is a real pain, and i would suggest you would of done something pretty silly to get nicked!...
Thumbs Up

mikcalcutta
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:40 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

...It's not my intention doing something silly or messing around. I'm just wonderig if a cop stops me because I speed at 80-100 m/h on A road, what happend.....I m about to go in Peak district, and there a lot of rumor about the cops...
Anyway, if a policeman stops me because I overcome the speed limit, what I have to say?.... (I m living in London, I got an english bank account and the national insurance...but I will be back in Italy soon). Do I have to say that I m living in England or not?..What else?

thanks

PeteFM
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:55 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

under the new SOCAP powers of arrest, an arrest would be necessary to arrest as:- (taken directly from Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005)

(b)[would need to find out] correspondingly as regards the person's address;

(e) to allow the prompt and effective investigation of the offence or of the conduct of the person in question;

(f) to prevent any prosecution for the offence from being hindered by the disappearance of the person in question.

Thats what I would use... along with the offence he's commited Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:58 - 18 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what its like for with the Italian police, but i was talking to this Dutch guy who lives here and drives a car registered in holland with foregin plates and he says he never gets any tickets for speeding as the dutch police never do any thing about it so police have given up even bothering sending them.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 16:07 - 18 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be perfectly honest I don't think you will have any trouble.

I recently spoke to a guy on a Hayabusa who had both a UK licence and an Irish licence.
He was stopped on an A road for doing silly (over 100) speeds, flashed his Irish licence at them and was let off with a slap on the wrists. It seems the police in the area (Shropshire) couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.

Just be sensible and observant and have a good time Thumbs Up Enjoy the beautiful roads and scenery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:59 - 18 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You may get more latitude when pulled over (but dont bank on it) but the cameras are relentless

Regards
C

mikcalcutta
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:14 - 22 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway.....at last I've been in Peak district. I sped at 90-100 m\h on the cat and the fiddle ....and nobody stopped me.Maybe the next time...Maybe. Laughing

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 22 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahh it works the other way for us too.

I was let of a speeding ticket in Ireland.

Be careful in France though on the spot fines.

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 07 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say, "ME NO SPEAK ANGOLISSH"

Thats what the guys from Polland at my work say they do, and in the end the copper gets bored... Very Happy

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 09 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikcalcutta wrote:
Anyway.....at last I've been in Peak district. I sped at 90-100 m\h on the cat and the fiddle ....and nobody stopped me.Maybe the next time...Maybe. Laughing

Theres time yet. They use aircraft on the cat and fiddle so your details may have been taken. Who knows if they would bother to track a foreign plate tho.

lo_iq2000
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 01:35 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never biked out of uniform abroad but over twenty years one way or another each time I pushed the limit eventually I was asked to recompense my illegal behavior, the problem is if you are speeding down the A1 and they can't get you, the fact they are trying to get you, they will get any other poor sod that is only cruising maybe 75-80 just because you brought them there looking for speeders and reckless drivers!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 267 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1