Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

308.7 miles to hell and back.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
 Topic moved: from Show & Tell to Touring & Exploration by Korn (26 Nov 2006 - 21:20)
View previous topic : View next topic  

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: 308.7 miles to hell and back. Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad

Well was suppose to be in Southern Ireland now and for the following 3 days, spending the funny looking currency people call Euro's.
All was good, met up with Tom at sainbury's nice and early, had to catch the ferry by 2pm so we were well ahead of schedule.
https://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2947/prilla734333978890qk9.jpg

Just as we left it started to piss down with rain, not a problem but it was interesting both having brand new tyres on.

So we were off and soon to be looking for a petrol station (love sportbikes eh!)
Now this is where I should explain that I was carrying Tom's oxford bag within my normal backpack. Tom had a load of cash, cards, phone, everything in there that was very important.
I myself had all my docs and money in a different part of the bag. After he had paid for the petrol he put it back into my bag and zipped it up, ready to set off.....or not?

Now not long on the M4 I developed a back ache all of a sudden, just put it down to my heavy backpack and the wind which wasn't helping, but the bag felt extra heavy.
Got to a service station a good 10 mile up the road, Tom looked at me as I parked up and said "Oh shit, its all gone."

I couldn't believe it, my t-shirts and shower stuff were gone but worst of all Tom's little oxford bag was missing too! my bag had completey opened itself. So when I felt it being heavier, that must have somehow been the wind making it feel like that as it entered the bag.

So we backtracked our route, we thought we saw it numerous times but were wrong, soon got lots of police taking interest asking what we were up to, must of looked quite suspicious thinking about it.
But the Police were really really helpful, they done their best to find it with us and even shut a part of the M4 off so they could check. Here's the pic just as they free it up again.
https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/631/prilla7343339888zb5.jpg Tom looks abit suspect while the police are gone Shhh!
One of them was a biker which probably helped, but they all seemed willing to help. Didn't moan that we were walking up and down the hardshoulder.

They did end up finding my t shirts which I was not too bothered about, I just felt soo bad for Tom, just wished I didn't agree to put his bag in mine. So we spent most of our time walking up and down the M4 looking in the bushes for any signs of this little black oxford bag. Done a few more passes but no luck.

On the way back we stopped of at Heathrow airport to get some more petrol. What a joke that place is, police everywhere, some jobsworth police guy really added to our pissed off factor when he started crying when we accidently entered the station via the vans only bit. Wow what an arsehole, follically challenged people seem to get angry for no reason eh?

So in brief for the people like me who would not read all that.

Arrow Should be in Ireland.
Arrow Not because we lost a load of Tom's money out of my bag, plus his license,credit cards, phone.
Arrow Both to blame for not making it secure.
Arrow Police very helpful on the M4.
Arrow Police at the airport got on my tits. All on a power trip.

Lesson learnt - Dont's buy addidas backpacks as they are fake!

Meant to say adidas derrr Brick Wall

Cluck cluck chicken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 22:14 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg u managed to shut down the m4 for some t shirts and shower stuff lol !

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea when you put it like that Laughing

Cluck cluck chicken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 00:24 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i managed to lose some panniers on the m5 or m6, and a copper pulled me over to give me them back and then wind me up that he was gonna give me 3 points for not securing them properly.

He claimed that unfortunately he had run out of the correct bit of paperwork or otherwise i would have had 3 points.

I think he was bullshitting and just wanted to make sure i was more careful in future, but I wasnt quite sure.

He was quite sly about it but sort of nice as well. Said he rides an FJ which at the time I had no idea what it was.

What he didnt notice was that the panniers each had a 5 litre plastic oil bottle with petrol in. Probably an offence in itself.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:45 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
i managed to lose some panniers on the m5 or m6, and a copper pulled me over to give me them back and then wind me up that he was gonna give me 3 points for not securing them properly.

He claimed that unfortunately he had run out of the correct bit of paperwork or otherwise i would have had 3 points.

I think he was bullshitting and just wanted to make sure i was more careful in future, but I wasnt quite sure.

He was quite sly about it but sort of nice as well. Said he rides an FJ which at the time I had no idea what it was.

What he didnt notice was that the panniers each had a 5 litre plastic oil bottle with petrol in. Probably an offence in itself.

My goodness Colin, either use capital letters when they're supposed to be used or don't! Don't mix between the two!! Razz

P.S I like the devil pipes on the blade. Mmmmm...

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:53 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator wrote:

My goodness Colin, either use capital letters when they're supposed to be used or don't! Don't mix between the two!! Razz

DoEs It ReAlLy MaTtEr to yOu ThaT MuCh ?

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi Instigator, where's my can? please tell me you will have one soon as I have a load of money saved from this so called trip Very Happy

Cluck cluck chicken

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it just wasnt meant to be Laughing

and noticed the first thing you pulled out of the bag on the ground where the fags there Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1