BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CDi box

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

jim125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:28 - 15 Apr 2002    Post subject: CDi box Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where on the nsr is the CDi box located, is it the black box at the back of the bike???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 02:38 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

u mean the on thats on the documentstray , because if it is the one ure on about , its not , thats ure indercator relay
You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 09:33 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according the "shop manual" (unfortunately, not the (work)shop manual that I was after Evil or Very Mad ) the 125R doesn't seem to have a CDI unit(!?)...but the 125F CDI unit is located next to the little relay box behind your document holder...

Tin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jim125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:09 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Confused?? Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Confusing isn't it! On the schematic for the battery and R/C servo it shows 2 black boxes, i guess one is the CDi unit, what's the other? The reason I ask is my bike is a restricted import and I'm going to order a uk spec CDi box but I want to make sure I get the right part. I've been checking on some european websites and they all say that the power is restricted by a black box which affects the spark timing when the engine reaches a certain no of revs. Is this said black box the CDi unit or another piece of kit? Any help would be more than appreciated.

jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:14 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cdi unit will cost bout £200 new!!! Are you sure you wanna change it. There are some german sites on how to de restirct the CDI's. One of the black boxes is the servo control box.
Dyl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

scabzilla
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:03 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went onto that german site and i translated the cdi thing for my imported bike. Lets jus say its hard to read, some words would not translate either but heres what it did. Anyone put this better ??? would be appreciated Very Happy

CDI UNITS
the 125 is with several drosselen equipped one of it is prevented the speed limiter of these that the mopeds more highly as 7000U/min turns thereby becomes it on a rate of approx. 80-90kmh throttled. the black box (speed limiter) behindet itself both NSR125R under the tank, left beside the air cleaner saucht stop bischen if it it finds not immediately. there a small LED had to be drauf with more eingeschateter zundung flashes. To the black box several cables are attached.

to cable (rosa) drove into the cockpit that more spater possibly drove the tachometer benotigt. to
cable (grun) drove to EN to frame the that is the negative pole of the current supply
kabel(rot) positive terminal of the current supply this cable is to the generator attached
kabel(schwarz) drove to zundung
kabel(blaue) drove likewise to zundung

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:57 - 17 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sounds like it is speed limited, like some Japanese import 400 bikes. These use an LED and a small sensor, and when the speedo needle gets to that point it cuts / retards the ignition

It may even be as simple as cutting the correct wire from the clocks.

All the best

Keith

jim125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:25 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: No Joy Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. I looked at the wires coming out of the CDi but they don't correspond with the colours that are listed on the german website. Does anyone know where I could get a wiring diagram?

I've found a firm that will do a uk spec CDi box delivered for £105. If I can't find a wiring diagram I may buy one and hope it does the trick. I'm getting desperate now!

jim

jim125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:04 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Different models Reply with quote

Anyone know the difference between the nsr125rv and nsr125ry. I have found a breaker who has a cdi from the rv, but i'm not sure if it will be compatible.

Any ideas??

scabzilla
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:14 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jim what company gave you that price ?? you have there website / phone No cause thats real cheap !!! plz post there details if you ave em ? Laughing

jim125
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:28 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Parts Reply with quote

The company is David Silver Spares Ltd, their number is 01728 833020.

I've found a breakers with a cdi from a nsr125rv for 60 quid but i'm not sure if it will be compatible.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1