BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tuning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Tuning Reply with quote

I found another bike chat forum on the net (sorry kornel Laughing ) while I was trying to find out how to derestrict my Planet and a guy on there said to e-mail him cos he knows how to derestrict most bikes. I did and as look would have it he's got a Planet as well! he's gonna send pics showing how to do it, but he also told me all the mods he has done to his, which was an impressive list. Heres what he said:

your in luck i have a planet(red and black) and derstricting it makes a hell of a lot of diferance, its moded to fuck, twin lights, anodised red flat bars (give a racey feel by pulling you down instead of being sat upight) arrows full exhaust system ment for the mito ( a compleate bastard to fit, i had to get the manifold bored out, mould the bellypan, scrap the pilion footrests and make a bracket, and i have yet to bore the main jet out, dont want to waste money buying a new one when i a set of jet drills), rear end jacked up 3", front end droped 2cm (it now handles loads better), wound on a bit more preload to stifen the rearend up, removed rubber inlet from the top of the airbox (makes it loader, not that you can here it over the new exhaust), meshed all the holes, carbon fibre front mud guard, anodised bar ends and desent grips (the standard ones felt to chunky, and i dont like chrome) inside of exhaust manifold polished (it ran smoother for about a week and then it got coked up again), altered gearing swing arm and yokes respraid metalick black (properly) black radiator guard, stand shifters and levers machine polished, powervalve pined open because it fucked up,digital speedo (acurate to within 1%, the standard are 10-15% out), and a few other anodised bits,

and it does 105mph with the standard exhaust and 0-60mph in 6sec hopefully it should do 110mph with my head on the tank and 0-60 in 5sec

Have any of you lot modified your bikes much? reading that makes me tempted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: wTS SITE Reply with quote

Wats the web site plz???

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

site was

https://www.powersport.co.uk/cgi-bin/tech/bbs_forum.cgi?forum=open

its not as well put together as this one mind, but I did notice that theres an old post on there by the infamous kornel.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 20:21 - 18 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the powersports forum, very good stuff on tuning and tarting up various bikes... I visit there ocasionally.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1