Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My 1992 NSR125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

ROB_NSR
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:55 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: My 1992 NSR125 Reply with quote

Thought I'd get some photos of my bike on here, its a work in progress but considering I only picked it up on Thursday I've made steady progress and it should be ready for an mot before I've done my cbt, so should be able to take it for a test next Monday (21st I think)

Its a 1992 Honda NSR125RM (what does the RM bit at the end mean?)

What do you all think?

More or less how I got it:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/H479GTI/NSR/DSCF0013aa.jpg

After a bit of work:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/H479GTI/NSR/DSCF0015aa.jpg

Notice the rear right indicator hanging off, this is fixed now, also in the second pic theres a carrier bag where the head should be, piston kit is on order after I found why it wouldnt start - someone has tried to modify some rings off a bigger piston and squeeze them in, but they obviously didnt seal and I got around 25psi when I did a compression test!

I have no front fairings, the plastics on the bike in the second pic are all I have, and even they are in crap condition (if anyone happens to have a full set going cheap I'd be very greatful!) Also in need of front indicators and mirrors, for now I'm going to use indicators off my honda melody!

Opinions welcome!

Thanks
Rob

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 22 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, classic bike. Very Happy
plastics are a mission to get with them any more especially ones in good condition, i'd just go with the streetfighter look Very Happy
keep us posted on your rebuild, keep it up
Thumbs Up

shaun_04
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:59 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"NSR125RM"
the M bit just refers to what model it is, for instance, mine which is the older version, is a NS125RL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

robbie21mcn
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:27 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the year indicates which bike it is i had a 1989/90 which was an rk then 90/91 was an rl and so on. yours is the twin headlight model and looks like the full power italian import to me. Thumbs Up
asdfg This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 240 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1