BCF: Bike Chat Forums

VALENCIA GP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: VALENCIA GP Reply with quote

I'm thinking about a trip to VALENCIA for the last GP of the season.

I'll be leaving UK on Wednesday 25th October and heading down through France, across the Pyrenese and down to Valencia in 3 days.
Stop to watch the GP then head home for 1st Nov..

Anyone interested MUST be confident, carefull, independant (i'm not holding hands), able to read a map in a fashion, have a bike capable of the job.
This is a budget trip stayig in B&B's cheap hotels etc and no flashy resteraunts.

Anyone interested please let me know asap so i can arrange the finer points.

Johnny

airpig
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:41 - 20 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the rough budget for this trip? I've got a neighbour thinking of doing it and he says about £300.

I'd be up for it, if I can get the money together. Question Got a 94 CBR600F. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 10:15 - 20 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

£300? That won't even cover petrol.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

airpig
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:04 - 20 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Thinking I would have no idea, just going by what he said. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jazoli
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:16 - 20 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
£300? That won't even cover petrol.

It should, I have just driven my Merc 300 over here from the UK on a similar route and it only cost £150 in fuel at 23mpg! a bike should double that easily.

I'll be there at the GP, can't wait Thumbs Up

Bike:Speed Triple
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

woodyfjr
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:06 - 24 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea Idea
The only problem is the tickets as those Spanish do like there MotoGp and the tickets will be hard to get. Sad Do you know the website to prebook.

Fjr1300 no problem.

If you have to rev it! Don't Buy it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:15 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't worked out any costs yet but i expect its gonna be a sight more than 3 ton by the end.

I'm not doing motorways all the way Neutral they are for cars and trucks and making up time in a last minute dash.
I was gonna make enquiries this coming week into tickets, ferry or train times/prices etc.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1