|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:24 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: I am eating........ |
 |
|
A healthy Tuna & Sweetcorn pasta snack from Tescos.
Anyone else had this shit?
My son has it for Nursery
1) Because its 'healthy'
2) because he loves Tuna & Pasta
Got an extra one today for him tommorow, but got hungry so decided to snack into it. After all its my fav snack.
But hell, how can they call this healthy :S
Its burning my mouth, sod knows what sauce is with it.
Healthy my arse, more like stomach acid.
Never will i get that for josh again poor sod.
My rant for the day  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:34 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
The better one is 'John West' light lunch.
Real large pieces of tuna, you can get a meddeteranian one and tomato salsa. There are others but i've only tried two.
Really nice and you can tell it's fresh, packed in a sealed tin type thing and not artificial stuff. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:48 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Or you could buy some tuna, sweetcorn, pasta and mayonaise, and make your own.
Will only take 2 minutes and will actually taste nice. ____________________ <Simple> no I'm shaven Jon
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Delvard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Delvard Traffic Copper

Joined: 22 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:49 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just finished a nice almond croissant with a mug of fresh coffee myself.  ____________________ A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:01 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would check the ingredients, I love tuna and sweetcorn (gloop) but the preprepared snacks are full of sugar and vinegar.
The 'healthy' bit is all a marketing ploy.
Mix the mayo into the tuna, then add sweetcorn, shred some lettuce, cube cucmber and mix it all in together. If I'm feeling fat I'll mix in cubed cheese, peppers and tomatoes too delicious. ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| zaknafien |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 zaknafien

Joined: 25 Mar 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:16 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:29 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
OR you use fresh pasta which does only take 1 minute to cook  ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| zaknafien |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 zaknafien

Joined: 25 Mar 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:50 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ok the challange is set, I want video evidence of someone making a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in 2 minutes!
Until then, liars!  ____________________ 02 Firestorm. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Susi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Susi Whitton Girl

Joined: 06 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| akaDAVE |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 akaDAVE World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tokarev |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tokarev World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| zaknafien |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 zaknafien

Joined: 25 Mar 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tokarev |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tokarev World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:50 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
lol, I thought I was the only one.
Long live salad cream!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:21 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yes I prefer salad cream also (Salad ream on toast hmmmmmm)
Anyway, I will from now on make his own lunch. At least I know what gose in it.
Was just gutted that he ate that crap, if it burning my mouth what did it do for him  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ColdInsomnia |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ColdInsomnia World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:25 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I haven't bought any scrap of food that's tesco's own brand since the last time I went to the cafe there I asked for a cheese toastie.
What I got were two slabs of paper-thin bread slightly brown on one side (toasted without butter on them) and a cold slab of plastic cheese slapped between them.
Served by something that looked very much like Sloth from the Goonies too.
And it was my birthday  ____________________ Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:30 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:44 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
There are more ingredients than people would like to believe in most "fresh" products too.
Some ingredients perform a different function than you would expect. Lactose is not only an energy source, can be used to hold the actual final product together.
I absolutely love the "No preservatives or artificial colourings" adverts that you get. Such bollocks most of it. I'm trying to find examples, but I have no food in my flat right now.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:43 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| zaknafien wrote: | Ok the challange is set, I want video evidence of someone making a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in 2 minutes!
Until then, liars!  |
Other than a tuna, sweetcorn and pasta dinner, what do I get?  ____________________ Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet
[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| zaknafien |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 zaknafien

Joined: 25 Mar 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:21 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| TheShaggyDA wrote: | Or use Dolmio's express pasta which takes 75 seconds. |
| zaknafien wrote: | Ok the challange is set, I want video evidence of someone making a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in 2 minutes!
Until then, liars! |
Where did you say pasta express was cheating, when I had already mentioned it? Can't go round adding extra rules after the event, y'know. Unless you're Belgian. ____________________ Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet
[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| zaknafien |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 zaknafien

Joined: 25 Mar 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:37 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well the idea was to make your own, express pasta doesnt count as it's another 'ready made' item.  ____________________ 02 Firestorm. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:49 - 05 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well, then the answer is no, you can't make a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in two minutes, unless you use ready made pasta, since pasta takes about 2 hours to make from scratch. ____________________ Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet
[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|