Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My new bike (at last)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: My new bike (at last) Reply with quote

As a few know I was looking to buy a Cagiva Supercity 94.
So I did.
Full Years MOT and Tax - just over 8k on the clocks - looked ok on the pictures and selling told me alot. 620 quid final price.
Because of the distance I couldnt find time to go look before the auction ended. Took the plunge,brought it and picked up today.
I left with folks a lil late (takes hour in the car) Got there as the dark crept in.
Anyhow, had a ride (first attempt at gears also) seemed fine.
Swaped docs ect and got on the road. 5 miles down the road, changing to lower gear, bike conks out. Tryed to start it, nuetual was a bastard to find (took 20 mins) I was stuck.
Spoke to good ol Yogi (cheers hun) helped me over the phone.
Got further up, by this time it had gone again 3 times. I was fuming.
Anyway, got to a petrol garage - Filled it up. What do you know, it works fine.
(there is no petrol gage Twisted Evil )
On the way home, getting used to the bike. Got seriously lost (poor folks behind in the car) Pitch black lanes great place to get knees down.
Started to absolutly hammer it down.
Finally im home. Bike is great, paint is Great, gears seem good, sounds good im happy im back in one peice.
Heres my new Bitch with the wrong route I took aswell!

Back on the road Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ROB_NSR
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:41 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice!

Nice D-tour as well! Laughing

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:01 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Good luck with it, nice looking bike Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:16 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it continues to work well Thumbs Up - a good bike for a very good price, it seems, nice choice.

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 10:48 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one with the bike purchase.

I see you have a similar sense of direction to Yokogeri. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ach so much today from riding back. Mainly because I was tence all the time Confused
Did a few wrong gear changes which I guess was expected. Kinda shit myself when I saw the size of the bike for a 125. I can only just get my feet down and im 5'11.
Just need to put baffles in the exhaust to quiten down a lil bit I think.
I know next Sat morning I need to leave for London to leave bike there while im away, so a nice long ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, looks like you managed to miss the nice twisty road back from Basingstoke to Alton. Would've been fun at night too as it has those speed warning lights that flash if you past 'em too fast. Laughing

Looks like a good first bike and at a decent price.

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom, I missed out some roads on the map but I did go down that road with a shit load of turns. I would be a good place for when im a more better rider.
Those turns had my heart thumping once or twice, to fast round some bends and I could see the front wheel getting closer and closer to the bloody verge Thumbs Up

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, wish i could get one for that price, always fancied one. Very Happy

Dom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Dom, I missed out some roads on the map but I did go down that road with a shit load of turns. I would be a good place for when im a more better rider.
Those turns had my heart thumping once or twice, to fast round some bends and I could see the front wheel getting closer and closer to the bloody verge Thumbs Up

Aah well given it was your first ride on the bike, and was dark, and was wet I guess that's not surprising. Just do your best not to make the beginner's mistake of looking at the verge you're riding into when you could be looking through the corner at where you want to go. Cause the end result is expensive and painful, I can tell you that first hand. Doh!

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a bit loud without a std can. Any questions on it just ask, i know them far too well.... Embarassed Confused Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 205 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1