Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Illegal Visors

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:17 - 26 Apr 2002    Post subject: Illegal Visors Reply with quote

Just bought myself a nice silver visor for my AGV Patriot.....£40, not bad eh???

Bought it from a bikeshop near where I live (not mentioning the name in case there's any coppers on here lol), so if anyone wants one let me know and i'll get one for you, and post it to you.

Not sure if it says this on 'em all, but on mine it says 'daytime use only', which I might be able to argue with the copper its a new visor just out thats road legal during the day.....worth a try eh??? lol

It looks sweet on my helmet.....I'll try and get a digital camera and take some pictures of my bike and me, and post 'em soon!

L8rs guys ('n' gals)

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 11:13 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: visor Reply with quote

if it says day time use only then its not actually ilegal Smile ony at night, ive got a full uridium racing visor on my arai it is ilegal in day time and night time as its an 80% tint i can look directly at the sun and it doesnt hurt my eyes 8) and i could be standing so close your nose is touching my lid and you wouldnt b able to see me through it (ask mole,zimm,kris or g they seen it) it cost me £70 from a shop but as its illegal we did sommin funny i bought a £70.50 pence cup of tea and got a free visor lol what i deal i think they sold about 50 cups of tea that day. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wish they sold that brand of tea round ere!
I have to make do with inserts.....GRRRRRR

BTW, yeah I can confirm it, his visor is class. 8)

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 12:43 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a blue roof boxer with blue iridium visor, looks very nice. Bought it through dobles had to pay one of them in cash so he could speak to a friend and arrange it Smile keeps the prices up this back alley dealing

matt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

80% tint- whats the tint on an average pair of sunglasses?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 13:22 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen wrote:
80% tint- whats the tint on an average pair of sunglasses?

average pair of sunglasses have 30-40% tint the tinted in serts have a 27%tint
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 13:43 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe mine is actually 80% tint too Very Happy

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

so your tinted visors let 20% of light in where sunglasses let 60-70% through? that sounds pretty dark, surely they must be useless in anything but bright sunlight?
I was gonna get one but if they are dangerous most of the time I'm not gonna cos I can't be arsed with carrying a spare clear one with me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 01:02 - 28 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well mine is fine in most clear light, but if u cant be arsed to carry a clear visor dont bother cos this is what gets u off with the coppers so,metrimes./

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 18:12 - 28 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sometimes.........

sorry if you look at what time that last post was posted you'll see I had just got back from the pub 8 pints older... hehe Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1