Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

advice needed. PAYPAL ARE C***

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

half-finished-tzr
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:19 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: advice needed. PAYPAL ARE C*** Reply with quote

My Wife bought a TV from egay, and payed with the funds in her PayPal account,
She closed the account a few days back, and we got a email from the seller (who has 443 posative feedback)

he wrote to us today "For some reason your paypal payment has been stopped.Paypal paid it to me then they took it back and will not tell me why.I am about to go to the POLICE ,Will you get back to me ASAP as i do not want the POLICE knocking on your door at 6 in the morning if this is a genuine mistake.Thanks."

now i mean wtf is going on, my wife has used that account over the last 2 years, And after she closes it we have problems, But we nhever got an email after the one saying it was closed that the payment was reversed.

So what should we do? and where does she legaly stand?

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 01:22 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly I'd check the message is a genuine message.

Check your card statements to see if a payment has been returned to your account.

I take it you've tried to contact Paypal?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Seller, he sounds more than a little immature.

Going to the POLICE! My foot.

Buying and selling on ebay, is for the most part pretty much a civil matter. Technically your wining bid, or buy-it-now, is a binding contract, the police are far too busy to give a tinkers cuss about an ebay auction that has gone a little bit awry anyway even if they wanted to get involved , it would be a matter for a small claims court.

First things first, contact pay-pal and get a straight yes or no, in writing or e-mail if at all possible (probably easier said than done), and like said above check all your bank statements and credit card bills etc

Once you've established if you have or have not paid, then act accordingly.

Back up, i.e print out. all correspondence you have on the matter so far, including his e-mail, or ebay message centre message, with headers, and all of your statements.

Your are indeed correct, pay-pal are c***s. I'd recommend everyone to sit down with a cup of tea, when they have a spare half an hour, and read through all of the terms and conditions. Then compare them to what they would expect from a bank, credit card company, or pretty much any other financial institution that they use from time to time. I accept Pay-Pal on my listings, and just bite the bullet when I get charge backs etc, which I've been stung with a few times, but for that reason I will not accept it on expensive items, and it's cash or cheques only, cash only for very price items.

Last edited by thx1138 on 12:04 - 25 Oct 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 12:04 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the paypal account have enough money in it, and how is the account funded?

If its funded off a debit card or there was enough money sitting in it to buy the TV, then the payment would have been instant. If its funded from a bank account then it takes 5-7 working days to get the funds out of your paypal account to pay for something.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1