BCF: Bike Chat Forums

nsr250's

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

air
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:15 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: nsr250's Reply with quote

Any of you guys in england see many of these around.
I'm mildly interested in getting one in the near future, but its still a 2 squeak and i don't wanna buy into a project... add to this the fact that the prices on 'em go up on a regular basis.

Just wondering has anyone seen any for sale in places over there, just to get a rough idea of whether i could get one in the UK or have to get one shipped from tyga, either way, i'd be expecting to pay about 6000-8000 yoyo's.
Any help would be appreciated

batman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:47 - 27 Apr 2002    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

get an rs 250! :P
i thought u had given up the idea!
oh yeah u wanna get some abrakebabra later?!

air
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:36 - 28 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame jamies NSR 250 site, every month or so i go off them due to heavy-ish maintenance and expense and then he puts up a new bike of the month (and this month its an amazing piece of work)

Stevo

PostPosted: 18:27 - 28 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NSR250 MC21 and MC28 models are gorgeous looking, but they are probably the most expensive 250's of the lot. The RS250 or RGV are cheaper, and full uk spec but dont look a patch on the NSR. The TZR250R looks nice too, but is also a grey bike only, and is not supposed to be very reliable. The NSR is physically small and probably too cramped for people much over 6' tall. Its also restriced to 45bhp which means around 115-120mph with the speed limiter removed. Its got a good torquey midrange compared to other 250's but it tails off at higher revs whilst an RS250 is going mental. It can be de restriced but i have heard that it needs aftermarket pipes, re jetting, and either an Mmax or else an HRC ignition box.(60-65bhp). Great bike if you can get a low mileage import, from a grey dealer that knows about them, but its definately cheaper and less hassle to buy an RS250, if you need to have a 250 stroker.
You must be logged in to rate posts

air
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 11:13 - 29 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know everything about the bike, and it doesn't take pipes or anything to derestrict them. They're hardware restricted by the PGM system. You need a HRC race card to get them to the 60+bhp, but being a race card, it turns of the lights and indicators, but this can be bi-passed by a simple wire splice. Thats the 28 model, the 21 isnt really restricted at all, just a few bits.
The RS has a bad name, looks good and all, far too expensive to buy new and i'm not a fan of italian bikes. The TZR is the slowest of the lot i'm told, and some of the models look awful. The RGV is high high high maintenance.
Above all this, these bikes lose their price, the NSR continues to become more and more sought after, so i want something that when i pay a large amount of money for, i can easily get the same back when i sell it if not a lot more Smile
Its only a passing thing, i'm just interested and i know i can get a fully kitted (race faired, new lights, kevlar pipes) mc-28 for about 6000 from tyga performance, i was just interested to know if i might be able to get it around about the same price from the UK as its a little safer than just paying some ppl in asia money and hoping that they'll ship a bike!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1