Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Buyers Guide???????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ben

PostPosted: 18:39 - 28 Apr 2002    Post subject: Buyers Guide??????? Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone know if this is too much or just the right price:

Honda CG125 Embarassed
V reg
4600 miles
very clean
taxed etc.

£1150

Or is there a buyers guide on the net so i can look up the value??
Thanks
You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:27 - 29 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

the used guide in the back of Bike magazine reckons its worth £995, assuming that it did 4000 miles a year, so that doesn't sound too bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 29 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

but you can get alot of faster bikes for that kind of money. If you really want a 4 stroke though have you seen the Honda CLR125 cityfly (ignore its crap name)? they are based on a CG but they look alot better. I've seen them going for around £1200 as well. I seriously considered one for a while (I considered most of the 125's avalable at some point Smile ).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:50 - 29 Apr 2002    Post subject: Re: Buyers Guide??????? Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn't want to pay more than £600-£700 for a cg... if you're spending more than that then you might as well go for an oldish 2 stroke.

I'm not sure of the exact details but a load of (probably old) CGs were imported last year and registered with new plates. These were of a different, older looking design (square headlight) and were going for around £1500 with various accesories I think. If it's one of these it's probably not that great a price (considering resale value).

IMHO I'd say don't bother with 4 stroke 125s for anything but city/local commuting, you *will* get bored with it pretty quickly. Again, IMHO I'd avoid the city fly, I think it has slightly more power than the CG but most of the extra money's going towards the styling; then again I've never particulaly cared if I'm sitting on a heap of junk, providing it goes.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:52 - 29 Apr 2002    Post subject: Re: Buyers Guide??????? Reply with quote

Oh yeah, my NSR cost me £900 (and I was ripped off Sad ).
It's top speed is around 85 (partially restricted) and the only car that ever out accelerated me on it was a BMW M3 (and not by much anyway).

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 21:20 - 29 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree, that is a lot of money to spend on a 125. Think how long you intend to keep it or whether you want to upgrade soon. You can get some good bargains, locally you can pick up a 94 TZR for around £400 - and they're nice (ish) looking - compared to a CG, much better handling and a damn site quicker. But in the end it's up to you and what you think the bike is worth and how much you want it.

Stevo

PostPosted: 22:02 - 29 Apr 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do ya get these 94 TZR's for £400 then?
I brought my N reg CG for £775, and i sold it last May for £900. The guy who had it, had seen 2 very Ratty CG's the previous day, and i told him he wouldnt find a better on for the money, as you do! My m8 got his two yrs ago, on a 91 J for £580, but he has replaced most of it since, and its got a nice grubbly scrapyard special motor in it now, after he grenaded the original engine at 39k.
Dont get a city fly! its a 125 trail style thing, but it dont look nothing on a DT or a KMX, and both would piss all over it even restriced. I saw a really nice MTX125 the other day, but they are quite rare, as they were never as popular as the DT/KMX.
You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1