Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Greenpeace invade Power Station

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Greenpeace invade Power Station Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/6108796.stm

Personally I think they should simply burn the protestors who are on the conveyor belt.

Greenpeace are a nuisance. How would they suggest we generate enough power for the UK? Nuclear? That's hardly 'green'. But wind/hydroelectric doesn't produce enough.

Perhaps we should house all Greenpeace campaigners in a nice valley, then build a dam and drown the f**kers!

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 13:07 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Greenpeace would do this sort of thing in France?

In usually not a fan of the French but they do seem keen on taking positive action against Greenpeace - see here, Rainbow Warrior sinking Thumbs Up Very Happy

Mind you, they did get caught and the French did stop the their tests so I guess Greenpeace sort of came out ahead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 13:58 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Greenpeace invade Power Station Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:

Perhaps we should house all Greenpeace campaigners in a nice valley,

Send them back to Machynlleth Smile

https://www.cat.org.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:16 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Environment protesters have got into Didcot power station, Oxfordshire, and chained themselves to equipment taking coal to the boilers."

"One team have attached themselves to the conveyer belt which carries coal into the boilers, so they're preventing any more coal going in there."

There is such an easy answer here, stop looking out for treehugging hippy protestors who've broken in and chained themselves in the way of something. Smile

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:19 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

There is such an easy answer here, stop looking out for treehugging hippy protestors who've broken in and chained themselves in the way of something. Smile

Save fossil fuels. Burn the hippies \o/

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:
Ste wrote:

Save fossil fuels. Burn the hippies \o/

Hurrah!! Very Happy

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 20:53 - 02 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hippies.

None of them elect themselves for testing in the animals place, or refuse treatments.

Fucking hypocritical wankers.

They're on par with PETA in my book.

Dont get me wrong, some of their work i condone, such as anti whaling, its just their methods and bloody minded litany is just boring and completely ill informed.

Must admit who remembers tenemen square... the english are the only country who put up with this shite.

As for the french scuttling that ship, its typical sob story greenpeace. Lets go back down to film it Rolling Eyes
Would anyone be suprised if he wasnt trying to be a martyr?
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:16 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
In usually not a fan of the French but they do seem keen on taking positive action against Greenpeace - see here, Rainbow Warrior sinking Thumbs Up Very Happy

Thumbs up for a terrorist attack?
Fuck off.

This is precisely the reason I hate the French.

They were testing in the Pacific in an area that ALREADY HAS PROBLEMS WITH PLATE TECTONICS ... and they think its okay to test under the sea, somewhere out in the middle of the Pacific, one of the geologically most unstable areas in the world - which affects not only New Zealand and the Pacific Islands (all very small and with limited economies unable to withstand geological disaster), but also Japan, almost all of coastal Asia, and that bit of California that hangs by a thread anyway.

So anything that might come of it, plate shifting, geological disturbances, earthquakes and tsunamii are hardly going to have much effect on France, are they.

The area's unstable enough as it is.

I don't support everything that Greenpeace does, but this is something I feel very strongly about, having lived with the possibility in my youth of being swamped by tidal waves or devastated by earthquakes if the Mururoa Atoll tests had (oops) gone wrong.

Fuck the frogs and their terrorist wanker secret service operatives.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 180 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1