Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

OMG! How many!?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (2 Nov 2006 - 23:07)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:14 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

You didnt answer the question?

Oh yes I have. You cannot experience TRUE ethnic food in this country. If you want to eat REAL Chinese or REAL Indian, you have to go there.
The stuff they dish you in resturants over here, is mostly shite, adjusted to the European palate.
So, what other benefits have I gained through this & past Governments immigration policies?
Other than a rather second rate choice of ethnic cuisine, of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and while we're at it, I like having a chinese supermarket, and an Indian market where I can buy stuff that the real blight on the 'good ole british way of life guvnor' hypermarkets(Tesco etc) just don't stock.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didge wrote:
froggeh wrote:

You didnt answer the question?

Oh yes I have. You cannot experience TRUE ethnic food in this country. If you want to eat REAL Chinese or REAL Indian, you have to go there.
The stuff they dish you in resturants over here, is mostly shite, adjusted to the European palate.
So, what other benefits have I gained through this & past Governments immigration policies?
Other than a rather second rate choice of ethnic cuisine, of course.

Heh. Now well, you're quite wrong anyway. I had the best Indian food ever, at very nice Sikh friends of ours. Was veggie, but delicious.

And apart from that, I think we have some fairly decent examples of ethnic food in this country (maybe you've been to the wrong places)

And you still didn't answer my question...SO DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL ABROAD TO EAT FOREIGN FOOD?

Sorry to shout but you are acting like an MP.

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:27 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

froggeh wrote:

Heh. Now well, you're quite wrong anyway. I had the best Indian food ever, at very nice Sikh friends of ours. Was veggie, but delicious.

And apart from that, I think we have some fairly decent examples of ethnic food in this country (maybe you've been to the wrong places)

And you still didn't answer my question...SO DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL ABROAD TO EAT FOREIGN FOOD?

Sorry to shout but you are acting like an MP.

I did answer your question, by my previous replies. I think most everybody else who read them could see it as, "Yes, go abroad for your etnic food". That's what I do, at least once a year.
Now, answer my question.
What other benefits, other than very dubious cuisine, have I gained through this & past Governments immigration policies?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
froggeh wrote:
Oh and while we're at it, I like having a chinese supermarket, and an Indian market where I can buy stuff that the real blight on the 'good ole british way of life guvnor' hypermarkets(Tesco etc) just don't stock.

Scratch that. If you can't get it in a regular british supermarket, go without or have somebody mail it to you from the source. This is britain, and we do meat & two veg.

This 2-threads for the price of one is getting silly. Especially when it's 2 against 1!

Anyway... Basically you don't want me to have the choice I currently use and enjoy?
hmm

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:44 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting to hear of the benefits of multicultralism. I can only assume, from the deathly silence, that my suspicions have been correct all along.
There aren't any.

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:

Not when your choice causes me, and the majority, so much offence an unease.

Thats called intolerance... Why would you be uneasy about a feckin chinese market? weird. It doesn't change the number of good ol british stores that there are?

Quote:

Will you let me carry a gun, for my own defence? I won't wave it around, nobody will even know I have it unless I'm forced to use it in defence of myself or my loved ones.

Not with your record mate Wink
But seriously no, for me I hate guns. There is a direct correlation with guns and deaths by guns, not just the bad guys...

Quote:

Will you let me snort coke?

I personally would. I want all drugs decriminalised, and weed at least legalised.

Quote:

Will you let me off-road on the downs?

Dont know the area. But sure if what you're doing isnt fucking it up for others.
Quote:

Will you let me open a smoking cafe?

See previous. More the merrier... Smile

Quote:

Your line in the sand is your line in the sand. Everyone has them and none are identical. But in certain places certain groups of lines are roughly in the same configuration. Our group is in britain, and they're british lines. And I don't like seeing alien lines cutting through our british lines. Sure, there's room for some squiggles around the edges, but cutting right across the entire fucking ball-park is NOT ON.

Like in a previous topic. My belief is I'll basically live life to enjoy it and let others do the same. If some (insert bullshit religion here) guy tries to pressure me, I'll be pissed off, just as I expect them to be pissed of if I try to push my ways on them. If they leave me alone, then I say live and let live...My life has been enrichened by other cultures, and even religions. I would hate to see an end to that.

Didge
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:57 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
Didge wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear of the benefits of multicultralism. I can only assume, from the deathly silence, that my suspicions have been correct all along.
There aren't any.

1) I like a 'chinese' take-away.

2) Er...er...hmm...no, I give up.

Laughing Laughing

froggeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:07 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:

You bet your fucking arse it is, same as you not letting me carry a gun is intolerance. Like I said, lines in the sand mate.

Its not intolerance - I'd have no probs if it was a banjo(harmless)

Quote:

I don't want to walk through my town and hear more foreign languages being spoken than english, see foreign clothes, smell foreign smells, walk in the shadow of foreign buildings and be made to feel that I am the alien in my own country. Don't you get that? THAT offends ME. I don't like it and I don't want it, and nor do most british people. And if the scum running this country don't wake up and smell the coffee soon it's going to be taken out of their hands.

My girlfriend is Swedish, she has a swedish friend that lives nearby, when they go out together they speak swedish to each other... Whats the problem?

And I object to the use of the word 'most' - Not many people I know feel that way.

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:09 - 12 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

And 198,000 Britons left as well.

Yep, and that number's rapidly increasing. The government needs to be a little bit more concerned as whilst 200k isn't many, it's a lot when you consider it's all those with skills that the country is lacking in. I don't want to come across as racist as i'm not and have friends from all over the world, but it's the young white caucasians that are leaving this country in ever increasing numbers.

I for one will take full advantage of being able to work anywhere in Europe as soon as my course is up - would rather live in a country which actually has some countryside left and a population of around less than 5 million, not 65million and climbing each day. To many people, to many cities, to many speed cameras and not enough space, that's England for you now Thumbs Down
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2