Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

4x4's are getting muscled out of London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Retro-Man
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:57 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Or when the 4x4 tries to swerve to avoid something on the motorway - at which point it's tyres are trying to make a tank turn quickly - high centre of gravity along with speed and tank-like weight for a rolling vehicle.

Stuff like the Porsche is probably a bit better for safety of the occupants at speed.

you've obviously never driven a New shape Range Rover with its precise handling, active suspension, dynamic response DSC, TC, ABS, active roll correction, ETC ETC ETC..

I spent 2 day in Sitges near Barcelona last week test driving the new 07 MY Range Rover 07 MY Range Rover Sport and the Free Lander 2, which we also tested against the competition in the guise of BMW X3, Honda CRV, RAV4.

One example of new technology on Free Lander 2 is a bonnet designed for pedestrian safety and a very clever pitch/yaw sensitive system that monitors steering wheel angle against body roll and cornering speed and actively applies the traction control/ABS systems in order to prevent the car rolling over or turning wide, worse case scenario if the driver has created a situation that is unrecoverable then it activates the side curtains prior to the car actually rolling.

The really clever bit for the geeks out there is the Sat Nav only requires a GPS signal to locate its starting position from there it uses the same pitch/yaw sensors along with vehicle speed to know where you are heading on the planned route meaning that Sat nav is maintained even through tunnels and bad weather.

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

scuse me for not reading all this thread.
Bursting....

I have listened to so many say that they feel safer in their Chelsea Tractor because of the height, size etc.
How utterly, utterly selfish.
What about those NOT in a Shooting Brake?

*** Digs Out Fireproof Suit***

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 16 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get everyone who can to work from home. That'd cut down on congestion massively. The only way to get people off the roads is to make it unnecessary for them to be on them. Making it cost more doesn't do anything productive, just generates resentment.

I know there's an awful lot of face to face and paperwork which can't really be done very well from home, but at work almost everything I do is via emails, spreadsheets, databases, drawing packages and the internet. Meetings aren't really practical, but that can be got around.

I don't think I'd enjoy work very much though if I was working from home. I also doubt many companies could live without having the same level control over their employees.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 167 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3