Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

divorce help for people in the know ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

brettking24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:29 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: divorce help for people in the know ? Reply with quote

Hi to cut a long story short im getting divorced and have got some papers from the ex solicitor,im not sure if im right or not but theres a section that talks about what the applicant intends for eg a lump sum order etc..does it look like she doesnt want any other the boxes she has marked?

i have inc a pic

thanks

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh the good old FormE05! (30 odd pages!!)

From that it looks like you're being taken to the cleaners mate, sorry. Crying or Very sad

Are there children involved? If so, the chances are that she'll file for it all then you'll come to an 'agreement' futher down the line.

brettking24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:41 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: well.. Reply with quote

well if you look on there it says delete as appropriate.thats what im not too sure about

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a few mins, I'll log into work and pull up some info.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, the * applies to the 3 options. Two of these should be xx'ed out. The X's in the six boxes below outline what your spouse is applying for financial assistance for.

(Oh, and it was FormA!) Forgot how much paperwork there was to a divorce!

RealNinja
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note on divorce....

You are aware that assuming you don't want to take her to the cleaners or she wants to take you....

You don't have to have a solicitor for a divorce, you can do it your self, just get the forms form the court, job done.

My wife divorced her ex like that

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 14:50 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That form says she wants it all, I assume you rent as division of property is the only thing she isnt going for Sad

Get a lawyer now, you need someone to guide you through it, hopefully you will qualify for legal aid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

queen of string
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and the ex husband did ours ourself and there was a child involved , but we had agreed on what we were doing so no solicitors. If I had done as the solicitor suggested when we first split up , I doubt we'd be talking yet, 10yrs down the line !

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I have double checked with our legal buffs. The more boxes that contain an 'x' the more your wife is wanting from you.

If you want any other info, you can PM me, I'll see if I can help. I'm no solicitor, but working in the legal sector and can ask various friends etc.

HTH
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1