Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Any Coke Addicts? Thats Coca Cola by the way....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 14:55 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, i had 3 tins of diet coke yesterday, 2 after boxing (got sick of tea and didnt want my beer) and was up till bloody 8.

Bastarding caffiene
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 17:04 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit cold glass bottled coke when it is covered in dripping condensation does taste absolutely orgasmic. Embarassed
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:29 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPARTAME WARNING!!

I have discovered that anything containing Aspartame ( an artificial sweetener ) is way more dangerous than actually having the real sugar.

It is found in ALMOST ALL diet foods and diet drinks. It is potentially the most harmful substance passed off as food today.
It is absorbed directly into the bloodstream and breaks down into its chemical components, one of which is methanol, a poisonous alchohol. It can cause dizziness, headaches, nausea, blurred vision, abdominal pain,hyperactivity, musular and joint pains, anxiety attacks, skin problems,loss of energy, ringing of the ears etc.......

I have stopped chewing diet gum and consuming anything with Aspartame on the label (which is practically all sweetened diet products.)

Methanol can cause blindness and aspartame should NOT be taken when pregnant. Some children born to mothers who had Aspartame frequently were born without eyes.

Some people risk using it to have weight loss but in the long run the toxic effect of Aspartame will put a strain on your liver, resulting in weight gain!!

Last edited by IronMaiden on 19:39 - 23 Nov 2006; edited 1 time in total

Rawker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats me run out of water Sad

so now all i have is a bottle of coke, should i drink it.

i've lost count on how many days, but i think its around 10days now with no coke. or somethign near that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
I must admit cold glass bottled coke when it is covered in dripping condensation does taste absolutely orgasmic. Embarassed

PAIN IS THE CLENSER

Rawker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 24 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow im out of water, so opened the bottle of coke i had under my table, and Sad its not as nice as i remeber, maybe a nice cold glass bottle with condensation would be better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 24 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBurrows88 wrote:
At work on a friday i have 1 bottle and a can, but tomorrow i'm gonna go COLD TURKEY, i couldn't manage more than a day last time Embarassed Crying or Very sad
I ended up drinking 2litres in a straight 10min Laughing

I've got quite hooked on the Coke and Lime, not sure at first, but is quite easy to just down the whole 2 litre bottle in a few goes.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 01:30 - 25 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMaiden wrote:
ASPARTAME WARNING!!

I have discovered that anything containing Aspartame ( an artificial sweetener ) is way more dangerous than actually having the real sugar.

It is found in ALMOST ALL diet foods and diet drinks. It is potentially the most harmful substance passed off as food today.
It is absorbed directly into the bloodstream and breaks down into its chemical components, one of which is methanol, a poisonous alchohol. It can cause dizziness, headaches, nausea, blurred vision, abdominal pain,hyperactivity, musular and joint pains, anxiety attacks, skin problems,loss of energy, ringing of the ears etc.......

I have stopped chewing diet gum and consuming anything with Aspartame on the label (which is practically all sweetened diet products.)

Methanol can cause blindness and aspartame should NOT be taken when pregnant. Some children born to mothers who had Aspartame frequently were born without eyes.

Some people risk using it to have weight loss but in the long run the toxic effect of Aspartame will put a strain on your liver, resulting in weight gain!!

Yup, the most obvious sign is the effect it has on your bowels.

I used to drink at least 2litres of Pepsi-max a day, and it didn't do me a great deal of good! Slowly weaning myself onto fizzy spring water, often with fruit juice.

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 21:35 - 25 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
I like drinking from "Coke-bottle" made by thick glass. Glassed Coke bottle : priceless.

Is that ICE COLD??? WinkLaughing

Syx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 26 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to drink 2 litres a day, and it had some serious side effects regarding hyper-activity, insomnia etc.
I then just stopped drinking it, cold turkey. I got my dad to help - he wouldn't allow me near the stuff. It was hard at first but now I mainly drink diluted squash instead - and a lot of coffee. I think I'm getting a problem with that now. Sad

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 26 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozzypop1 wrote:
kawashima wrote:
I like drinking from "Coke-bottle" made by thick glass. Glassed Coke bottle : priceless.

Is that ICE COLD??? WinkLaughing

I suspect Mcdonalds often put a lot of ice cubes to reduce coke.
I once asked "no ice please", then L size cup was not fulfilled.
And ice cubes make coke thinner I think.

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

While drinking one of my less usuall fizzy drinks today (root beer) i was looking on the back.
It contains less sugar than coke or even orange juice - then i noticed theres no phospuric acid, also the sweetner they use is different from the diet drink ingrident aspartame - sodium saccharine which is used for people who need low sugar or carbohydrate intakes such as diabeties.

Some stuff aout saccharine.
Quote:

For many people, saccharin is an integral part of their lifestyle. It is particularly important to those whose diets require a restriction of caloric or carbohydrate intake, such as persons with diabetes. Most health practitioners favor the use of a non-caloric sweetener like saccharin in weight reduction and for people with diabetes.

According to opinion research, people use saccharin to stay in better overall health, control weight or maintain an attractive physical appearance. Research also has shown that health professionals believe saccharin is especially beneficial to persons with diabetes and the obese, and helps reduce dental cavities.

Saccharin continues to be important for a wide range of low-calorie and sugar-free food and beverage applications. It is used in such products as soft drinks, tabletop sweeteners, baked goods, jams, chewing gum, canned fruit, candy, dessert toppings and salad dressings. Saccharin also is used in cosmetic products, vitamins and pharmaceuticals.

Saccharin is not metabolized (it passes through the body unchanged) and does not react with DNA (nucleic acid present in all living cells), meaning that saccharin lacks two of the major characteristics of a classical carcinogen.

Saccharin is approved in more than 100 countries around the world and has been reviewed and determined safe by the Joint Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) of the World Health Organization and the Scientific Committee for Food of the European Union. Based on current research, JECFA doubled its earlier ADI (acceptable daily intake) for saccharin. JECFA noted that the animal data which earlier raised questions about saccharin are not considered relevant to humans.

Also for those worried by aspartame stuff
Quote:

The rest of the claims offered here are specious. Coca-Cola does contain small amounts of citric acid and phosphoric acid; however, all the insinuations about the dangers these acids might pose to people who drink Coca-Cola ignore a simple concept familiar to any first-year chemistry student: concentration. Coca-Cola contains less citric acid than orange juice does, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is far too small (a mere 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup, or about 0.20 to 0.30 per cent of the total formula) to dissolve a steak, a tooth, or a nail overnight. (Much of the item will dissolve eventually, but after a day or two you'll still have most of the tooth, a whole nail, and one very soggy t-bone.)

Besides, the gastric acid in your stomach is much stronger than any of the acids in Coca-Cola, so the Coca-Cola is harmless.

The next time you're stopped by a highway patrolman, try asking him if he's ever scrubbed blood stains off a highway with Coca-Cola (or anything else). If you're lucky, by the time he stops laughing he'll have forgotten about the citation he was going to give you.

Anyways, might change the coke for root beer. Mr. Green
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4