Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Braces

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

sagiliam
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:56 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Braces Reply with quote

I want to do something about my teeth, but like everyone i dont want them, simply because i dont like the look of them. I wasnt really bothered about them bt my canine's were unable to grow down into position as my baby canine's are still there and its like i got fangs! And after a few months of being like that its horrible. Now i know you can invisible braces and stuff, has anyone had these and what are your thoughts?
Thanks
Liammmmm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 19:15 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traintracks are the best, and most effective.

Would you rather look like a twat for a few months, or have shitty teeth your entire life?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

get braces, it's not very difficult, people get used to how you look within weeks, some people forgot that I even wore braces, people I saw daily.

It makes your teeth miles better so do it Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
Traintracks are the best, and most effective.

Would you rather look like a twat for a few months, or have shitty teeth your entire life?

I'd agree, though a few months is a bit optimistic unless your teeth are almost perfect anyway. A few years is a bit nearer the mark, I had them between the ages of 12-15. It hurt like fuck plenty of the time, but it was worth it. Loads of people have them at that age.

sagiliam
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:36 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers people! Thumbs Up Going to get an appointment on Fri, i think it will be worth it in long run!

Rgds

Liam

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother had the same problem as you and had braces for a while but not for too long as I remember.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 22:25 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd choose sex.

Plus thats gotta hurt when smacked. Big time.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 22:29 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
I'd choose sex.

Not all of us are annoying enough to get smacked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had braces a couple of years ago, I had to wear them for 15months, they were white and so was the banding and didnt really show that much. I am soooo pleased with the result, I have a winning smile now... One of the best things I ever did.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 22:52 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:
I'd choose sex.

Not all of us are annoying enough to get smacked Wink

True, but some of us like it for a) sports reasons (boxing) and b) moral reasons (you take the first punch, then you give lots of your own).

Plus its always a consideration Wink
Even ugly people get laid sometimes, hence they should always wear clean pants Wink
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

chrisbgy86
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:19 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also been thinking about getting braces. As i'm 20 and my teeth aint that bad, i doubt i could get it done on the NHS.

Any ideas how much private treatment would cost?

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would you rather look like a twat for a few months, or have shitty teeth your entire life

Agree fully. My neice had double fangs (pair growing on top of the other pair Confused )
She hated the thought of braces. But, after a few months it didnt bother her and now has near on perfect teeth.

mr_pete
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:52 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, they mostly worked. I had a good dentist,but I think he liked "a challenge" too much.

I had three lower teeth out, to try and pull one tooth which was behind the rest, forward.

The minute the braces came off, it started moving back (literally, and somewhat ouchily!)

Personally, I'd have just had it out, and be done with it, but....

(just discuss what they're trying to do, and anything over .5 cm from where they want it, have out Smile

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisbgy86 wrote:

Any ideas how much private treatment would cost?

Depends entirely on the state of your teeth and where you go, and what you have done I guess. Mine cost around £1300 (ish), my accident compensation money paid for the treatment.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1