Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Music for the Road:

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sapphire
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:37 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Music for the Road: Reply with quote

Somewhere between Brisbane and Melbourne ,( Actually i can be more precise, just outside Moree N.S.W. when my ZZ Top cd was on its 3rd playing) I got to wondering what everyone else listen's to whilst on the road.. or if they had the chance to make their own cd/tape, What would you have on it ????

AND, to give me something to do, ...IF someone wants their music put to CD (only) ... I will put it together FREE, GRATIS, and send it over..

Just a small way of saying THANKS to you guys/gals .. this site is now an addition, too bad I'm in Oz,.... would love to catchg up with people ..although THAT could change in the near future, ...

getting OFF TOPIC, ... I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to doing the U.K, Ireland, Scotland, Europe trip.. on my own, but maybe hook up with someone that wants to do part of the route with an Insane Aussie female for a day or two (or more).... BUT thats another topic for another time and thread..

Go fo it .. let me/everyone else know what your music taste runs to ...

.Sapphi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 10:36 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nearly always listen to MP3s when I ride, and I find that my choice seriously effects how I ride.

Recently I've been listening to:
System Of A Down - Toxicity
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime 1 & 2
Led Zep - Just about everything
Magnum - Again, just about everything
Bon Jovi - Crush
Metalica - Reload
Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Jetho Tull - Aqualung
Rick Wakeman - Retro

So a fairly diverse rock/prog rock selection Laughing

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only really listen to Trance - Progessive - Dance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill listen to anything me Laughing

Oh and off-topic ... thats the exact trip that i want to do, ASAP realy i suppose.

So if your wanting someone to join you for parts / all of the trip then drop me a pm Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

xjr1300
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:51 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: music Reply with quote

Hi,
Have a listen to Bob Seger (Roll Me Away ) Says everything to me about biking.
Hi from Sheffield, Yorkshire.

phk6
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:27 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i ever listen to music while on my bike (isnt often i do, i like to hear the wind, and horns) but when i do i just bang my 40gig mp3 player on random and listen to what ever comes on, isnt often that a song will repeat its self as te mp3 is nearly full and 40gig ish of songs is alot to chose from
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sapphire
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:04 - 30 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been a huge fan of Bob Segar for a long time,(since the Silver bullet Band days..) but it has been a while since I listened to the music, have just about worn out "Roll Away" since it was mentioned here,..Thanks for reminding me how GOOD it is and how it relates to the lifestlye 1000%...

My self I listen to Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, SteppenWolf, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, ZZ Top, The Eagles, Monty Python, Round the Horne, The Goons, The Clancy Bros/Tommy Makem,
Neil Young/CrazyHorse etc..

Thats NOT my tastes totally, Lots, Lots More, but that gives you an idea of MY tastes, ..

There IS one other album that I HAD, but is now scratched beyond use, that I REALLY would like to get again, Charlie Landsborough "What Color is the Wind", I know its available over there U.K./Europe. but can't seem to find it in ANY music shops here, can't find it on BearShare or LimeWire either... oh well..One Day Brick Wall ....

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 11:14 - 30 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapphire wrote:
Monty Python, Round the Horne, The Goons.

If you enjoy them, you need to try and find some 'I'm sorry, I'll read that again'. It's a load of jokes/sketches by John Cleese, Bill Oddy, Graham Garden, Tim Brooke Taylor, David Hatch, Joan Kendle and Humphrey Barkley - so basicly all of the bast comedy writers (apart from Ronnie Barker) that the BBC had in the late 60's early 70's Thumbs Up

lumphammer
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:54 - 30 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapphire wrote:
There IS one other album that I HAD, but is now scratched beyond use, that I REALLY would like to get again, Charlie Landsborough "What Color is the Wind", I know its available over there U.K./Europe. but can't seem to find it in ANY music shops here, can't find it on BearShare or LimeWire either... oh well..One Day Brick Wall ....

You can get it from here and they post world-wide.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1