Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2007 IOM TT.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 10 Dec 2006    Post subject: 2007 IOM TT..... Reply with quote

anyone going? more to the point, anyone fancy going?

i've never been before, and ive finally got a bike to take me there.

also, ive no idea where to book or stay, so any advice will be appreciated

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 10 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check out whether there are any places left on the Steam Packet (Racket Evil or Very Mad Mad ) Ferry. Especially as it's the centenary year, there's every chance it will already be fully booked. I'd be surprised if it weren't, to be honest. The ferry is really the only feasible way to go, unless you fancy flying and paying even more.

The Southern 100 is probably fully booked by now too, and that's in July.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SimonB
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:06 - 11 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Isle of man in September of this year and when I was talking to the hotel manager he was telling that he was fully booked for the TT.

He also said that the same would apply for all the other hotels. Even when I went to the TT in 2004 I had alot of trouble just finding a campsite as even they were full.

It is worth checking that theres space left on the steam packet website like the other guy said.

It costs too much money by ferry its annoying how they jack up the prices when the TT is on.

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 11 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I booked my tickets last Aug and struggled to get the dates I wanted
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Trixie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 13 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of the lucky ones...the TT comes to me! Mr. Green

It's quite unlikely you'll get a decent ferry now, but you can always give it a go. Check out the following sites for travel to/from the island, and accommodation while you're here (it is the centenary year, so I'd recommend camping, as that'll be the cheapest accommodation left):

www.steam-packet.com
www.visitisleofman.com
www.isle-of-man.com
www.gov.im/visitors
www.iomtt.com

Because it's meant to be a big celebration, there'll be lots more happening that does normally. There'll be a run round the original TT course (among other things), and Foggy, Ago, John Surtees, Phil Read, Geoff Duke, Mick Grant and Philip McCallen have all been confirmed as taking part in the parade lap, along with the usual things like the Ramsey Sprint and Mad Sunday. Latest news is that there's going to be a big music festival in Peel (west of the island) during the TT, with rumours of The Who and Bryan Adams playing.

The main change for next year racing-wise is that Brandish has now been straightened a little, so I'd fully expect the 130 mph lap to happen Thumbs Up

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:55 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd love to go this year as well. Depends if uni has finished by then. As chaps said above camping will prob. be only stuff left now. If the ferry is booked could always try seeing if they have space a few days before.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1