Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another Parking Ticket 'Q'

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: Another Parking Ticket 'Q' Reply with quote

Back on Nov 6th Mum & Dad had a parking ticket for parking where they weren't ment too (A copper told them to park there also, but thats another thing Rolling Eyes )
Anyhow, Dad sent the 40 quid check in and it bounce. So, he phoned them up and told them another was sent and funds were in to make sure it clears.
How ever, the Sutton council didnt take the cheque out on time - 4 Days after the check date they cashed it. This resulted in the money being received 3 days after the 14 days time (where they add another 40 on top)
So now, dad has been ringing all day trying to speak to someone as we received a notice today asking for the full 80 quid.
So, any ideas what can be done? I have to write them a letter in the morning to explain what happened and that the money was there on time and withing the 14 days, they were just too hooked up on other things to cash the dam thing.
If this fails were lumped with a another 40 quid fine. Could I appeal? How?
Anyone else been like this?
Louise
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 20:39 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just blame them for failing to cash and and tell them to sort it out before you send them a bill for costs/time/stress in pointing out their mistake Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, just write a letter explaining you feel the cheque was sent in more than enough time, but due to the office, was not cashed and you did the best you could to pay it, anything else sent you will charge them for.

may be worth a try doing something, depends on your thought to the whole thing.

best of luck,
steve. Thumbs Up
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:35 - 15 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I will drew, Im just too tired to even write correctly anymore.
I just feel that the ass wipes didnt cash the cheque on the given date, and now were getting the extra 40 fine. Hell are we paying it, Besides mums just got another parking ticket outside a London hospital Rolling Eyes

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 17 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:

I just feel that the ass wipes didnt cash the cheque on the given date, and now were getting the extra 40 fine. Hell are we paying it, Besides mums just got another parking ticket outside a London hospital Rolling Eyes

You can try to appeal but you know they are going to say the first cheque bounced and the second didn't get there on time. Make sure you have funds in for the latest ticket or it will be £160.

Get her a book on car parks and how they work for Christmas. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1