Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

my bike so far, 4-ish incarnations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 17 Dec 2006    Post subject: my bike so far, 4-ish incarnations Reply with quote

ok so back in oct of last year i bought a nice clean, slightly crash damaged cbr600fx 1999, then in december i passed my test, and by then, the bike was restored back to top nick. had to get new regulator rectifier, new nose cone, new indicators, new chain and sproket and new brake pads. i also put on a nice tail tidy.

https://file010b.bebo.com/large/2006/04/05/15/15563088a539446094b416933457l.jpg

then, i decided to repaint her, as i was looking something a little more off the wall, so i painted the whole thing matt black, you either love it or you hate it lol

https://file010b.bebo.com/large/2006/04/24/19/15563088a681585814b801099087l.jpg

and then well, i crashed her, had to replace the wheels, left rearset, screen, mirrors, nose fairing and brakelever.

but then on oct 3rd i crashed again, broke my leg and got 3 screws, bike got pretty fcuked,

https://file023b.bebo.com/14/large/2006/10/28/14/15563088a2388972162b786324793l.jpg

so ive started by stripping her down, and im cleaning everything, its so muddy lol

need new clip on, levers, pillion peg, tank, panels, lights, indicators, front subframe, etc lol

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 21:19 - 17 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be wary of that. Could have a bent frame or something Confused

If it were me, i'd find another one to be honest.

But good luck anyway Thumbs Up

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 17 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im not going to know until i get the clip on and ride her a bit, but af far as i can see, frame, rear subframe and forks look well, cant see any obvious damage to them. but riding her will be the real test lol

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 21:24 - 17 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the forks for any bends or twists, the subframe may be slightly out of place too, this wont do that much to the handling in my experience, but make it feel realy odd for a while.

Also, check the swing arm, it might have tried to twist, so check it still pivots ok as it may have damaged the bearing/shock.

Have fun lol Thumbs Up

baldy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 18 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a pair of nearly new levers and some brand new crash bungs if your interested. (crash bungs a bit inappropriate now)

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:31 - 21 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like it was found in swamp Shocked

she be an unlucky machine to have spat u off two times Confused

best of luck with the rebuild though Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1