Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

do i have a cold or the flu?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

beatnck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:45 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: do i have a cold or the flu? Reply with quote

well, as its christmas again my body has decided to play me up and get ill again. only thing is i dont know if ive got a bad cold or a touch of flu..?
ive got a stuffy nose, dry cough, aches and pains in my neck/back/legs and no appetite.
i feel knackered and had a bad nights sleep last night. Sad
apart from taking beechams flu plus medecine and resting can anyone reccomend something to perk me up a bit? because santas coming tonight and ive got 3 kids plus lots of family to occupy tomorrow Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beechams flu is shite, its a commercial way to earn money, you can buy pills down Tescos for a fraction of the price.

Arrow Take plenty of fluids, hot or cold. Many people recommend honey Thinking
Arrow Take paracetamol for the head and fever (4g max in 24 hours or 8 pills every 4 hours min)
Arrow Take ibuprofen for stiffness and aches and pains (400mg with meals or milk if empty stomach, max x3 times a day)
Arrow Sleep and relax Wink
Arrow Try not to walk around in every item of clothing in the wardrobe as this will increase an already over heated body temperature and may cause riggors (shivering) which implies that you are cold, yet you wear even more, get under the duvet and make the situation ten times worse.
Arrow Vitamin C either from fruit, juice or pills (maybe)
Arrow Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing (pretty self explanatory really)

Be warned that many 'remedies' contain medications so please read the packet Rolling Eyes as by taking 9 paracetamol tablets in 24 hours constitutes as an overdose and can or will feck up your liver function.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:05 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you lying in bed unable to move?

If you stand up do you feel dizzy and have legs of jelly as if you are going to fall over at any moment?

Do you have a bucket next to you because you can't get to the toilet when you have to vomit?

Does the prospect of drinking a glass of water make you feel extremely nauseus?

Are you hot and cold both at once and drifting off into haullucinations and wierd dreams with no concept of time?

Do you care about nothing else other than people leaving you alone?

If you answered YES to all of the above, you have the 'flu. If you answered no, you have a cold

I've had real flu twice and if you are sat at the computer typing, you don't have it.

So, you have a cold which is caused by a rhinovirus. If you look after yourself you'll be better in seven days. If you don't it'll last a week.

Take an NSAID such as paracetamol, asprin or ibuprofen to bring your temperature down. Take a decongestant such as actifed or sudafed to unblock your nose and sinuses (if they're blocked). If you have a productive cough (bringing up gunk) take an expectorant cough mixture. If you have a dry, tickly cough which is keeping you up at night get some "phalcodeine linctus" from the chemists and take it when you go to bed (this will totally get rid of the cough and make you REALLY sleepy).

Drink plenty of fluids, eat plenty of fresh fruit for the vitamin C.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I've had real flu twice and if you are sat at the computer typing, you don't have it

I have had it twice too and you dont forget it Sick

I am normally as fit as anything, never bunk work but had to have a week off due to crawling around on all fours and spending most of my time going to and fro from the loo.

One night I just could nt make up my mind whether to hurl or shat, after a little deliberating in the toilet I ended up just collapsing on the floor with my head sticking out of the bathroom door. I called the wife and asked for a drink and a straw as I could nt lift my head as it would have fallen off Im sure Laughing She just laughed at me as it was a funny sight at 2am.

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above I've only had THE flu once, I was fine all day then during the night I lay down on the settee to watch some telly went to get up and couldn't I felt Dizzy-Achey-sickly...I lay there for two weeks, I couldn't eat -sleep-stand up or move...I had to crawl for a piss and I lost about a stone and a half.....

Never felt like that before or since and I never want to again thankyouverymuch.....

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:49 - 25 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont have flu!

If u had flu u wont be able to post on this forum!

Flu is dam serious i can see how people can die from it, had it early this year, i was bed riden for a week and missed a week off uni!

Hope u get better!

Scouse
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:34 - 25 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O sounds like you've got the man flu, might as well make the most of the day and just drink yourself better. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pte1643
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:09 - 25 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
If you answered YES to all of the above, you have the 'flu.

Or a Hangover!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 25 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
If you look after yourself you'll be better in seven days. If you don't it'll last a week.

Smile

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 25 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouse wrote:
sounds like you've got the man flu

Now thats a different story Tut Tut Laughing

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 26 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: do i have a cold or the flu? Reply with quote

beatnck wrote:
i dont know if ive got a bad cold or a touch of flu..?

Flu is not really that common.

I've had it once and I was bed ridden for two weeks. Your very ill with flu....... temperature, aches, possible vomiting.

The common cold are rife and nasty, but, you will know if you have flu!

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 26 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: do i have a cold or the flu? Reply with quote

beatnck wrote:
well, as its christmas again my body has decided to play me up and get ill again. only thing is i dont know if ive got a bad cold or a touch of flu..?
(

The fact that your even asking this question, means you have got 'man flu' Rolling Eyes .

Get Well Soon Smile

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:33 - 26 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Man Flu". It probably used to be true.

BUT do you see how women milk illnesses?

It starts at secondary school when a girl can't do PE cause of "Women's Problems". What a bunch of wimps.

Oh and then there is the "hormones" issue, oh yeah blame it on the hormones. Men are full of testosterone too and the bloody women seem to complain when we want sex all the time. It's exactly the same, we are allowed to moan at you cause you have copius amounts of Oestrogen, progesterone and various other hormone flowing around. This then leads to the Women Problems.

Oh and when a girl has a headache, don't all the men EFFING know about it! "Leave me alone" I have got a headache. The complete confusion with a migraine is laughable as well. "Oh I have a migraine" then you see them having a good old laugh with their lady friends an hour later, it's just a headache! A migraine are intense and can last for days.

Why do women always lose their voices? I mean sometimes it would be better if the bitch just shut up, but it's always when you are busy and she wants you to "look after her". Funny how an hour later she is shouting at the top of her vocal chords at you cause you aren't giving her enough attention.

This is aint Man Flu, this is the result of female demands. We are worn out!
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 26 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: do i have a cold or the flu? Reply with quote

beatnck wrote:

That's easy and in general is related to the following question:

Are you male or female?

Although, to be fair you've given it away already - if you were a man, you'd know that there's no such thing as a touch of flu. It's almost always life threatening!

Pte1643
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:48 - 26 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: do i have a cold or the flu? Reply with quote

dmahon wrote:
if you were a man, you'd know that there's no such thing as a touch of flu. It's almost always life threatening!

Christ...

A "Touch of Flu" is like having Double Pneumonia. Wink

Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 136 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1