Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Text message help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Text message help Reply with quote

I've let my mobile's inbox (6230i) fill up to max again and so have had an onscreen prompt saying delete some txt's to make room for an incoming txt. Did that.... and the new message never arrived... It usually does after a few mins, and I don't know who it was from either Confused

Is it possible for Orange to re-send it to me? Thought I would ask here first before subjecting myself to 45mins+ call holding time Wink

JonT
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:52 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 6230i does this a lot (why is the inbox so small), sometimes its taken 2 hours for the text to be retried.

Wait a little longer before panicking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

strag
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:55 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the text that important? They could always call you.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 08:13 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn the phone off and back on, when the phone is turned back on what happens is the phone scans the network for messages etc. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 09:37 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill yourself, it's the only real solution to fixing your stupidity problem.

Trixie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: Text message help Reply with quote

extreme3d wrote:
I've let my mobile's inbox (6230i) fill up to max again and so have had an onscreen prompt saying delete some txt's to make room for an incoming txt. Did that.... and the new message never arrived... It usually does after a few mins, and I don't know who it was from either Confused

Is it possible for Orange to re-send it to me? Thought I would ask here first before subjecting myself to 45mins+ call holding time Wink

When you've emptied the inbox (and sent items too, if you keep them), try sending yourself a blank text.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:

Bit harsh cos he's a nice guy, all he really needs to do is move from Orange to Vodafone and buy a new phone Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

used to happen to me when i had a samsung e720 on o2, basically you'd clear the messages out, when you held the phone near a speaker you could hear the noise that the phone makes when its trying to get a message, but it kept stopping and starting. If you turned the phone off and turned it back on the message would arrive, although once a message didn't come for about 6 hours, and then I received that message every 20 minutes for the next 2 days, Rolling Eyes

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

m99dws wrote:

all he really needs to do is move from Orange to Vodafone and buy a new phone Thumbs Up

Moving networks wont help, it all depends on what the senders set the message "validity period" to. If it was set at only one hour then the message may be lost depending how long it took extreme3d to notice the text hadn't come throgh. As the network will keep trying to send the text for an hour then just give up. I always set mine to Maximum so that if anyone cant receive the text it will keep trying for at least a week.

Buying a phone with a bigger memory may be a good idea though, I have 643 messages on my phone(only the inbox about the same if not more in the out box) and there is still plenty of room for more.

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:

Erm.. thanks Confused

Big thanks to everyone else though Thumbs Up Karma
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 127 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1