Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bike parking fury in York

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Yorkie Bar Kid
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: bike parking fury in York Reply with quote

An article from the York press

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/yorknews/display.var.1072983.0.biker_parking_loophole_fury.php

The Road in question, Scarcroft road, all the houses have no off road parking. yet if these people have two cars where do they park? They must have to park one of them in front of somebody elses place?

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr 2-Cars sounds like a right cnut. As does Mr Push-the-bike-over in the comments.

The obvious solution would be to impound and crush both their cars to encourage their use of public transport.

Yorkie Bar Kid
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:01 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a lot of tw@ts in York like that, I'm sure York was the Birthplace of the NIMBY (Not In My BackYard)

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 14 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah! posted this in general bike chat......
didn't know it was in here too. Laughing Thumbs Up

alone
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:43 - 15 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how they're picking on the lone, legally parking biker, and then mentioning all the illegally parked tourists etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

faithless75
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, what is this woman riding? A trike? with side car & trailer??

For one bike to take up so much space it forces someone to park 3 or 4 streets away - I'd love to see it!

Personal opinion, the resident is talking pish!!
Not that I'm a bias biker you understand . . . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's some bint with a problem re: parking, realising it makes better (local) news to whinge about the bike aspect.

I've been tempted to go park my bike up there, sideways on, for a laugh. It'd almost be worth the walk to work. Twisted Evil

woodyfjr
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:21 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

She wouldn't be parking there for long as the repair costs would be more than a parking ticket, It's like someone using your drive to park just because the council says so.
She may have the right too, but common sense says otherwise. when there is another safer place to park.

But on the otherhand buying permission to park in the street is also wrong as it's Elitist "I can park because I have the money to do so". How many times have I seen that one.

If you have to rev it! Don't Buy it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodyfjr wrote:
It's like someone using your drive to park just because the council says so.

No it isn't. The on street parking is not private land, like a drive is. Rolling Eyes

woodyfjr wrote:
She may have the right too, but common sense says otherwise. when there is another safer place to park.

And where is this safer place to park? The Bishy Road shoppers car park has time restrictions, even for motorcycles.

See this other thread https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=102627&highlight= for more info.

I hope your comment about 'repair costs' isn't a suggestion that you would cause criminal damage to a legally parked bike that was in a spot you wanted to be in? Please correct me if I have misunderstood you.

Mudskipper

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

funnily enough, i thought the same as mudskipper, if you didn't mean you would cause damage to a bike/ped, please correct us...

woodyfjr
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:00 - 29 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how you read it that way, but on street parking is far more dangerous than an NCP pay parking.

If you have to rev it! Don't Buy it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 31 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

its her own fault for living there if shes so fucked off why move into a house where you cant park your car outside.

OR im sure she could just ask the biker to put her back wheel against the kerb so it doesnt take as much room?

Surely it would have been much easier than writing to the press?

FOOL people these days are petty as fuck

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 01 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything for attention.

Although i bet the moped no longer parks there due to realising what a comotion there has been. unless the med owner doesn't read the press. or listen to word of mouth gossip, someone must have mentioned this to said owner.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1