Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone on/had Temazepan for insomnia?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 22:50 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Anyone on/had Temazepan for insomnia? Reply with quote

I was prescribed some a short while ago, but it does feck all? Does anyone else have this or had it before and how effective has it been for you? I was told to take 1 a night (10mg) but it really doesn't do much so I'm gonna take 2 see if it makes any difference.. just wondered how effective it was for anyone that may have had it before as I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING that will make me sleep Laughing

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

20mg of temazepam wil knock out a rhino in most cases.

Have a Tommy tank before bed instead Wink

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:08 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
20mg of temazepam wil knock out a rhino in most cases.

Seriously? how long before going to bed should I take them? and is it ok to take them with milk or has it gotta be water? i cant understand why they seemingly have little effect.. i was still up at 3am last night after taking 1 tab at 10:30 Confused

I'm not a rhino, but hopefully 20mg will knock me out tonight Laughing

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old gits have a hot milky drink before bed, the time is OK, but if you are majorlly stressed then this is what will be keeping you up.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:18 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Old gits have a hot milky drink before bed, the time is OK, but if you are majorlly stressed then this is what will be keeping you up.

But thats why i got the temazepan as I thought it knocked you out whatever? i just wanna pass out and wake up the next morning Shocked

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diazepam would be better 10mg of that as a pre med makes them snore within 20 minutes Thumbs Up

There are a mutlitude of sedatives available, some work better for some people than others.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:23 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Diazepam would be better 10mg of that as a pre med makes them snore within 20 minutes Thumbs Up

There are a mutlitude of sedatives available, some work better for some people than others.

I think i'll try the 2 tonight see if tha thelps, and when i run out i'll go back to the docs and see what he says.

are you a dr then or a med student?

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:

Neither, I work for a living, I'm a nurse (and yes I'm also a geezer Rolling Eyes Very Happy )

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:31 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Sparks! wrote:

Neither, I work for a living, I'm a nurse (and yes I'm also a geezer Rolling Eyes Very Happy )

Nothing wrong with being a male nurse Thumbs Up good on ya and thanks for the advice.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought of hypnosis?

I found that this CD helps pretty well to knock me out when I need to sleep but can't. If you want to give it a go, PM me your addy and I'll send you a copy.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks! wrote:
Nothing wrong with being a male nurse Thumbs Up good on ya and thanks for the advice.

Wink Thumbs Up

https://www.mcphee.com/items/11355.html

No problems mate.

Kam
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:40 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:

Doh! hoping i'd found a fellow Pharmacy student Sad

EDIT: oh, and i know FECK all about drugs at the mo Razz just A-level biology/chemistry/physics crap at the minute

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:35 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the side effects of this tamezepan? I suffer from terrible insomnia, i can be sat wide awake watching tv at 4.30 in the morning when I have work at 6.30. Maybe worth getting something to help Confused

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:35 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch yourself with that stuff. It is habit forming.

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
Whats the side effects of this tamezepan? I suffer from terrible insomnia, i can be sat wide awake watching tv at 4.30 in the morning when I have work at 6.30. Maybe worth getting something to help Confused

I wouldnt go rushing into Temazepam and stuff like that....like Stinkwheel says, they can get habit forming.

I would look at other alternatives first, rather than the drug option.... try not to use your pc late a night, cos that can stimulate you. Avoid coffee/tea/cola etc..... Try a cup of Valerian or chamomile tea. I find the valerian tea makes me really drowsy. Get it from Holland & Barett places like that.

Last edited by BanditBitch on 08:10 - 03 Jan 2007; edited 1 time in total

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:

I agree....if your majorily stressed, you need to be looking at lifestyle changes etc....

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

people used to burgle old peoples homes to steal the temazapan , it can be addictive , try an economics text book , works wonders.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Watch yourself with that stuff. It is habit forming.

Met far too many people that get addicted to them after a while Thumbs Down

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 11:50 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if Sparks has woken up yet! Confused

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:18 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering why, if Sparks has a sleep problem he is sat on his PC at 10PM.

Stimulation keeps you awake!!!
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 12:41 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:

Particularly things like televisions and computers with bright monitors. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ocassionaly take a Temazepan to get me a good night sleep and I think they are excellent. BUT, I have never tried them for more than a one off or of for a sleeping dissorder.

If they don't suit you then tel your GP.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:46 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two temez. done the trick and I did fall asleep fairly easily, but only about 12 pm so didn't get much sleep before work.. going to go bed earlier tonight Wink

I know it can be addictive, but I'd rather be addicted to temezepan and be able to sleep than not be able to sleep!

Jon B wrote:
I'm just wondering why, if Sparks has a sleep problem he is sat on his PC at 10PM.

Thing is, I've tried the whole not going on PC thing, tried not drinking cola.. at the minute I don't drink cola or dr pepper or any caffienated fizzy drinks (not 100% strict to it, but i do drink very very little now compared to what I used to), I drink little amounts of lemonade instead.. I'm drinking more water now than I used to, I drink de-caff coffee and to be honest I don't like it that much so I don't drink much, maybe 1 cup a day sometimes none..

I've tried reading a book before going to bed but I get stuck into it too much and end up reading for hours.. and then still not sleeping.

I can do all the exercise in the world, it makes no difference..

I will tell my GP when I run out that they don't really do much for me and see what he says ..

Resurrection
Ballast Boy

PostPosted: 17:50 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had problems with insomnia and semi insomnia

Been days on end without so much as a wink of sleep after 12 hour shifts!

Starts seriously messing with you after abit, Went to my Dr's and he said stay away from your bedroom apart from sleeping and try and condition yourself with a routine blah blah

Didnt work for me but may for you!

Res

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 19:27 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrection wrote:
I've always had problems with insomnia and semi insomnia

Been days on end without so much as a wink of sleep after 12 hour shifts!

Starts seriously messing with you after abit, Went to my Dr's and he said stay away from your bedroom apart from sleeping and try and condition yourself with a routine blah blah

Didnt work for me but may for you!

Res

Already the case as my pc etc is in a different room..
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1