Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Toothache, really bad toothache.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:07 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Toothache, really bad toothache. Reply with quote

1am, can't sleep...toothache is making me feel that death is the only way forward.

Short of death, is there anything other than taking paracetamol/ibuprofen/co-codamol (not all at once) I can do to get me through the night, and maybe even have some sleep?

For those who need to know more, said tooth and I have a history: some years ago I had root canal work followed by a crown (I'm not sure if that's the correct word - 'cap' thingy over hollow tooth) which was badly fitted, resulting in a tooth that'd flare up (swell around the gum and be sore for a few days) if used too much (e.g. crunch a carrot on it). Around a year ago I had this removed and the mother of all fillings put in (by a different dentist) but the area around the tooth has remained sensitive to use, and still has flared up every once and a while. Problem is that this time (after 5 days - I now realise an emergency appointment is needed) the 'flaring up' is getting worse, the area below the tooth is quite swollen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 02:42 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisky....

Run a little bit on and around your tooth...
Drink the rest of the glass...
Sleep like a baby!

Wink

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:49 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozzypop1 wrote:
Whisky....

Run a little bit on and around your tooth...
Drink the rest of the glass...
Sleep like a baby!

Wink

I'm on it!

Thanks loz Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:54 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any cloves in the house? (there often are near christmas time, not garlic, the little wooden stick looking things). If there are stick one in your mouth, suck/gently chew it 'till it's soft and press it directly on the sore bit. Clove oil acts like a local anaesthetic.

https://ukrspice.kiev.ua/spices/cloves.jpg

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:01 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Clove oil acts like a local anaesthetic.

Cheers for the tip stink, but unfortunately there's no clove in my flat...is there an 'over the counter' alternative (I'm thinking 24hour Tescos) that you know of?

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 03:10 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tesco's should sell clove oil... tiny little bottle and stinks to high heaven...

Didn't recommend this as i once burnt my mouth using the stuff... Make sure you read any instructions carefully! Confused

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using some bonjella on the gum thats affected, worked for me last time. Just get it sorted or you'll be gettinga gumboil next, and you dont want one of them trust me. Embarassed Mad

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3b/Lockjawpliers.jpg/180px-Lockjawpliers.jpg

Twisted Evil

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't recommend this as i once burnt my mouth using the stuff..

I second that. Burnt my mouth too. Stinks also, makes me gag. Thumbs Down
Just remember the tooth thats aching may not be the culprit!
Mine hurt like hell (Previous post on here) Thought Id chiped it too far. But once at the dentist, he pin-pointed it to the other side of the mouth. Thumbs Up

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

14.13, still no sleep and the pliers did look mighty attractive throughout the night but I'm now back from the dentist and have one less tooth!

Thanks for all the help ladies and gents Thumbs Up

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get all the remedies for you as i am the tooth ache queen, i had two out in the last month. Sometimes the only way to go is to get the bugger out!

as a tempory measure iboprofan does the job.

If anyones teeth are sensitive use colgate sensitive with the pain relief added tooth paste. I have been using for months and when my teeth get sore one brush and its gone.

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

byke95 wrote:
I'm now back from the dentist and have one less tooth!

And a much lighter wallet Laughing

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 15:30 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:

If anyones teeth are sensitive use colgate sensitive with the pain relief added tooth paste. I have been using for months and when my teeth get sore one brush and its gone.

I disagree... DON'T brush them..... Just rub the toothpaste into your (erm Embarassed ) gums with your (erm) fingers.... much better for them as you're not aggrevating them with the bristles!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or develop a cocaine habit.

bennett211085
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:26 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Mr. Green Thumbs Up

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

In emergencys chew on a Nurofen. It tastes awful but it does work. Only for serious pain though cos its fucking disgusting Thumbs Up
Cheaper than Sniff too.

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM M wrote:
And a much lighter wallet Laughing

Sadly, yes. But, by the time i got to the dentist, i would have sold my soul to get the bugger out! Laughing

sickpup wrote:

I live down the round from a place called Boscombe, many drugs about: it's amazing just what you'll consider when you've got toothache! Twisted Evil

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get someone to smack you in the bollocks, worked for my mate.....

Obviously he didn't know I was gonna smack him in them but it took his mind off the toothache..... Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1