Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Camden, or somewhere near for parking

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:28 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Camden, or somewhere near for parking Reply with quote

Any of you Londoners know a good place to park for most of the day near or in Camden?

Map would be great.

Ta Wink Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the bike parking bays. They are on nearly every street so shouldnt be a problem finding one. Get there early though and try to get on the end or you may have trouble getting back out again....
Previous: '99 Honda CBR 600FX, 03 ZX636 B1H, 99 Fazer 600 (red), 02 GSX-R 600 K2, 00 SV650s (red), 2008 ZX10R, 97 Bandit 1200N, 04 ZX6RR K1H, 04 GSX-R 1000, 98 Fazer 600 (gold), 05 Madness 110 Pit bike, 04 CR125R, 00 SV650s (black), 06 KTM 625 SMC, 99 SRAD 600 track bike, 03 SV650, 98 Bandit 1200N, Bandit 600SY, 03 GSX-R 600 K3, 01 GSX-R 600, 01 Fazer 600 (black), VFR 400 NC30 x3, 78 Honda Dream, 00 Speedfight 50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:37 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...sorry mate, we will be in the GF's car.

Smile Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if this is anywhere near where you want to go but i searched the NCP car parks for "camden and found THIS
Previous: '99 Honda CBR 600FX, 03 ZX636 B1H, 99 Fazer 600 (red), 02 GSX-R 600 K2, 00 SV650s (red), 2008 ZX10R, 97 Bandit 1200N, 04 ZX6RR K1H, 04 GSX-R 1000, 98 Fazer 600 (gold), 05 Madness 110 Pit bike, 04 CR125R, 00 SV650s (black), 06 KTM 625 SMC, 99 SRAD 600 track bike, 03 SV650, 98 Bandit 1200N, Bandit 600SY, 03 GSX-R 600 K3, 01 GSX-R 600, 01 Fazer 600 (black), VFR 400 NC30 x3, 78 Honda Dream, 00 Speedfight 50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:02 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Cool Thumbs Up

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could try this at Euston Station. Just walk up the street and you're in Camden Town.

The one suggested by Keir isn't too far either, in Maida Vale. On a nice sunny day, it can be nice to walk from there to Camden Town through St John's Wood (check out the Lord's Cricket Ground on your way) and Primrose Hill. Would also save you from driving down the Marylebone/Euston Road.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 18:09 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i would park in the massive car parks at the end of one of the tube lines

Stanmore on the Jubilee line has a massive car park, and will save lots of hassle, easy access from M1 motorway (so if you are coming in from the north) couple of changes will get you to camden from there in about 35-40 mins

if you head in from the west, then West Ruislip is at the end of the central line, also has a decent car park, i park here for any music gigs in london, again probly about 35-45 mins to get to camden from there, also a very easy station to find from the M40-A40 route

just my view, parking a car in london is, for the most part, a nightmare, particularly if you dont know the city too well
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 20:20 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said.

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
Stanmore on the Jubilee line has a massive car park, and will save lots of hassle, easy access from M1 motorway (so if you are coming in from the north) couple of changes will get you to camden from there in about 35-40 mins

Don't even need to change, just get off at either Swiss Cottage or St John's Wood and walk. If you get to Mornington Crescent, you've walked just a bit too far and you need to turn north to Camden High Street... Rolling Eyes

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:12 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I need to go anywhere in London, I often travel by car on the M3 up to Richmond, park there for the day and get the tube for wherever I wanna go.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, did someone say Mornington Crescent?

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate, got there before you did! Laughing

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:51 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, get the train.

Stops the misses buying any stupid impulse furniture too Thumbs Up

Although im interested in this easy walk from euston station to camden market? Im always going through euston on the train up to bangor. And camdens a very cool place.

So assuming you're walkign from kings cross to euston...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Paivi
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you're at King's Cross Stn, all you need to do is take the Pancras Way (the road between St Pancras and King's X stations) about 600m until you get to the Crowndale Road junction. Take this road a few hundred metres and turn right at the end (at Mornington Crescent tube station) to Camden High Street. Carry on going another 500m, past the Camden Town tube station and you'll get to the market.

If, however, you're at Euston Station, all you need to do is take the Eversholt Street. At the MC tube station (all change, please...) it changes into Camden High Street.

Streetmap

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 06 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do it on the bike and park on Hawley Crescent like everyone else Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1