Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Right, 2nd day - Cold turkey. Doing ok.
Temper a little high tho Rolling Eyes
Where did you buy or can you get the Nasel spray? I cant find any anywhere, except some place online for 17 quid!

It's prescription only I think.

I'm hardly using it now, on week 4 (I think, could be week 5)

Had a ciggy on new years eve and it was fucking horrible.

T

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some patchs but they make me itch. If things get worse Ill fork out the 17 quid, altho I dont really want too.
I remember when I stoped for the 3 weeks First one even when drunk was just horrible. But I made up for lost time. Someone said I was smoking every 5 mins Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

I'm hardly using it now, on week 4 (I think, could be week 5)

Had a ciggy on new years eve and it was fucking horrible.

T

Nice one mate Thumbs Up Keep up the good work

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Toby. I don't get the whole addiction thing, i've never been addicted to anything i don't think, but would like to know whats it's like to have that urge. Smile

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 23:53 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
Well done Toby. I don't get the whole addiction thing, i've never been addicted to anything i don't think, but would like to know whats it's like to have that urge. Smile

Like being stuck on your favourite twisty with a copper behind you.

Except you see with smoking you lose common sense, i have (with a group of people) walkedto the other side of town up and down massive hills cos everyone ran out of fags at 5 in the morning and only one garage was open.

I have seen people begging, almost in tears for fags.

I have also been known to try and make dog end fags when it was particularly hard to get some.

But whats weird is, now i've quit i enjoy them more if you see what i mean. I was pilling the other night, and i've decided when pilling its alright to have one or two, as it helps you come up etc. And although they tasted foul, it was great to have one back in hand etc.
Kind of like being on a diet and allowing yourself a cake for your birthday.

Keep it up everyone who's quit. And if you do want a fag, remember how much it costs, and how much you can smell a smoker/taste a smoker when you pull em.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:45 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really amused at the quit smoking adverts over Christmas.

Here's Johnny who's giving up smoking, he has a nicorete patch on and he is enjoying the company of friends, down the pub. He doesn't have the urge to spark up.

Here's Davo, Davo's doing it his way (enter some bizzare Tai Chi type shit, and positive thinking effort) Davo is trying to have fun butis struggling without his fags (shots of him sad because he isn't seeing his friends and he's a twat).

So the moral of the story is.

You can't quit with your own futile will power, you can only quit on perscription drugs, you can only have fun and live your life with a fuc*ing patch on. Until then, you're killing yourself and you wont see your kids anymore.

Fuck off Evil or Very Mad Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 11:24 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 27th December 2006 it was exactly 6 months since I quit. Smile
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the one with benzing? I mean *Yawn* or what.
Or the girl with a hook in the mouth? I mean, wtf?

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of it just stresses you out and makes you want another fag to be honest...

i had 1 at new years and it was fucking rank, didn't even have the urge i was just a bit pissed...

haven't noticed any benefits yet tho... but I think I feel a bit more awake. im not using the spray as much at all, going to keep reducing over the next couple of weeks and then cut it out altogether.

I'm really glad I used NRT, especially the spray as the gum and patches did fuck all for me.

The patches burned my skin and the gum meant I couldn't enjoy eating or drinking as it everything tasted of foulness.

Cold turkey would've been horrific, I've tried it over a day before and it's been really bad both for me and people around me.

I personally would insist on the spray, it's nasty to start with but you do get used to it, and you find yourself getting less and less dependant on it as you go along.

Louise: I might have some left over when I've finished, they give me 3 bottles a time and I only use one so I could probably send you some.

T

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 16:45 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Cold turkey would've been horrific, I've tried it over a day before and it's been really bad both for me and people around me.

This is what happens when you do class A drugs my friend.

Hope you get through this alright Tobes, have a go at cocaine, you'd be surprised how addictive fags were. Wink Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you'd be surprised how addictive fags were

Laughing

Cheers Toby... Going Cold turkey at the moment. I have patches but they burn as you said Thumbs Down

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:58 - 03 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:

Hope you get through this alright Tobes, have a go at cocaine, you'd be surprised how addictive fags were. Wink Thumbs Up

Do you think thats maybe one reason we didnt have much problem?

We're used to resisting the good stuff lol Liar
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some food tasted worse when i stopped smoking or maybe smoking made them taste better, anyhow i got turned off my fav foods then.

Was dissapointed when i phoned the smokers helpline at the start when i was nervous about quitting and the woman on the phone had never smoked a cig all her life and had no idea what i was going through, not very helpful.

So hows it going then?

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 13:45 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
I found some food tasted worse when i stopped smoking or maybe smoking made them taste better, anyhow i got turned off my fav foods then.

I found a similar thing, I had to turn to a slightly milder curry than my usual, but otherwise food flavours were a lot stronger than when I was smoking.

Still best thing I ever did.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davo wrote:
dragonfly wrote:

I found a similar thing, I had to turn to a slightly milder curry than my usual, but otherwise food flavours were a lot stronger than when I was smoking.

I got turned off my favorate chinese when i wasnt smoking. Its tasted horrible, no wonder none my none smoking mates hated their curry. Shocked

Resurrection
Ballast Boy

PostPosted: 14:03 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoking apparantly really dulls your taste buds, a fella i work with now wont eat at the chippy around the corner because he can actually taste it!

Res

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not using patches, no gum, no spray.

Toothpicks!!!

I chew them! Or if really wound up I'll eat the things as I chew them to a pulp!/

All of it.

GodzGift
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mind over matter

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i've never been addicted to anything i don't think, but would like to know whats it's like to have that urge.

been addicted to chocolate, not good at all.
when you don't have it for 2weeks, then have 1 chocolate bar, yu can taste how rich the coco is, then want to stuff urself full of 'em.

my solution is:
don't smoke. i never have, can't ever see myself smoking, just don't see the attraction. Cool

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 06 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
been addicted to chocolate, not good at all.
when you don't have it for 2weeks, then have 1 chocolate bar, yu can taste how rich the coco is, then want to stuff urself full of 'em.

Did you have a chocolate rush? Rolling Eyes

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 07 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Well I smoked last night, after quiet a few drinks. Maybe 10 rollies? But, hey its a hitch. No smokes today, and to be honest I dont feel the need.
A small hiccup but im still going for it. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 117 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2