Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

No claims bonus question...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

gavin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: No claims bonus question... Reply with quote

had a silly little prang today in the van Sad

its enough damage that it means it will have to go through the insurance, and is likely to go against me. question is, how will this affect my no claims discount?

do i lose it all? or is it tiered so that i lose only part of it? or do i just lose the entitlement i would have gained this year if i had been claim free all year?

been so long since ive claimed i cant remember what the situation is......

if im going to lose it all, its probably worth me settling it privately Evil or Very Mad

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:53 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: No claims bonus question... Reply with quote

Is your NCB protected? What happened?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:14 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Will depend on the insurance company and level of no claims. Some allow you to have an occasional claim without loss of no claims (protected no claims situation), some will take off some of your no claims (eg, gain nothing for this year and loose 2 years), some will relieve you of all your no claims.

All the best

Keith

Pte1643
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:33 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
some will take off some of your no claims (eg, gain nothing for this year and loose 2 years

This is exactly what happened to me a few years back.

I had a rear end shunt into the back of another car (Technically my fault, I s'pose).

I lost just 2 years NCB.

But, I suspect what Keith says is correct, in that it's not set in stone.
Just depends on how your own individual insurance company operates.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1