Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hubby happy now - panniers fitted

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
 Topic moved: from Show & Tell to General Bike Chat by Bendy (25 Apr 2007 - 14:23)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:04 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Hubby happy now - panniers fitted Reply with quote

Well he (nick) finally got his arse in gear and got his panniers, he fitted them this week and is a happy bunny now, I am sure he thinks he is off around the world Laughing Scares me silly the thought of riding it, something that I wont be doing since I cant even reach the floor on his bike let alone the extra wieght it is compared to mine, its a monster! Probably not your cup of tea but thought what the hell:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/nandh/GSPanniers.jpg
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet one is full of crap and tools Wink
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:27 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you can fit a few crates in there for the beer run lol Thumbs Up
____________________
own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably right! Its surprising how much you can get in them, we popped into supermarket on way home last night and got a few bags and there was still room for more so looks like a good investment after all. Only snag is you cant fit helmets in them as too narrow so he says he needs the top box now..any excuse I guess.
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look good. What make are they? I thought you and Nick had gone off on a round the world trip Laughing Neither you or him had been on either forum much. Laughing Has he got hold of the touratech catalogue yet? I got one the other day...far too expensive for me but nice to browse. Very Happy https://www.touratech.gbr.cc/
____________________
Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:50 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Nb, nice to see a friendly face. No we've not gone off around the world just yet as much as Nick would just love to jack his job and do just that, lol!
He has still been on his forums but I know he tends to use www.advrider.com and a gs one moreso these days still with his same username.
The panniers are Hepco & Becker I believe, I persuaded him not to go for the metal ones, I thought they looked dead ugly but then at the end of the day it was down to him, after all its his bike.
Yes, he says he does have the new Touratech catalogue but he gets a bit of his stuff made, saves a fortune!
The panniers and other stuff especially for the BMW owner can be viewed at:
www.motobins.co.uk
Hows the Strom, I take it you still have it? I still say that its more comfy on the back than this new bike he has Laughing
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:09 - 15 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
I bet one is full of crap and tools Wink

What is there in the other one?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 15 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Hubby happy now - panniers fitted Reply with quote

ISLAND GIRL wrote:
I am sure he thinks he is off around the world Laughing


What makes you so sure he isn't? Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:31 - 21 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these Hepco&Becker Gobi series made of hard plastic like GIVI ones? or softer than them?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 21 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
McGee wrote:
I bet one is full of crap and tools Wink

What is there in the other one?

I do this. Topcase is space for lid(when parking) or back pack(when riding). Then I must put chain lube, rain wear, rain gloves, rain boots covers, tape, cable ties, water etc in one pannier. I will keep the other one free for additional luggage(or souvenirs).
If I separate those craps in two panniers, the rest of space is usually unsatisfactory for additional luggage.
I'm always worrying about what to carry those crap things, and I have triple space but practical luggage space is one pannier only Laughing . And I often remove panniers and forget rain wear and get drenched Laughing .
Now I must rethink about "Minimum luggage in west bag packing" idea/technic from SS user.
Grr I became thread hijacker again Sorry.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 21 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ace Cool
____________________
Now owner of a 1200 Bandit
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 21 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bet those panniers cost more than at least one of my bikes Smile
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 31 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na, got them second hand off of Ebay mate, but when we got them we had to get the little brackets seperately and by the time we got them and paid yet more p&p we could of got brand newies! Oh well he is still happy and yes you get stacks in them Laughing
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:46 - 01 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
Whatever floats ya boat. Thumbs Up


Its not my thing, I prefer my ride whereas he is past all that racing stuff, and I couldnt have him havin something like mine as where would I put all that shoppin Laughing
____________________
Live on the Isle of Wight and ride a CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.03 - MySQL Queries: 19 - Page Size: 85.62 Kb