Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Running scams

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 20:29 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Running scams Reply with quote

So I've got a set of keys to a house which is and will continue to be deserted for a long time. Any ideas on best ways to make money off of this?

I've seen those deals on the net where you can get free laptops sent to you in exchange for being signed up to loads of mail lists, anyone done that and knows the timescales for it?

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 20:31 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Running scams Reply with quote

Gti wrote:
So I've got a set of keys to a house which is and will continue to be deserted for a long time. Any ideas on best ways to make money off of this?

Turn it into a brothel Thumbs Up

https://www.seussaza.org/oftheday/pimp.jpg

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 20:32 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rent it out Wink

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 20:33 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to use my own flat for that funnily enough as my mate pimps a few girls out and has promised me a good return....Plus freebies for me and my mates.

bennett211085
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:37 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

strip all the copper piping out and sell it scrap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 20:39 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to do something that has a slightly better return and not so much effort.

scoota bk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:47 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on it's location, what about storage? Either buy some massive job lot of stuff to sell on v. cheap or rent the space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 20:54 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoota bk wrote:
Depending on it's location, what about storage? Either buy some massive job lot of stuff to sell on v. cheap or rent the space

Selling on job lots? Kinda weak, and too much time.
Rent the space is a no no, too risky. Would be good for throwing a party when I dont want my own place trashed but I'm looking to make a nice return off of this somehow.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rental scam. Advertise house for rent, take loads of deposits, run away.
You would have to be a real callous bastard to do this but the returns would be quite high.
Shocked

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 21:05 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone told me of a landlord with an empty building.

the gas company needed to do something with the meter, so he showed up to let them in and got a surprise to find that someone was using his empty building to grow marajuana plants on an industrial scale with lamps and ventilation

They never found out who owned the stuff, and the police came to take it all away.

i know someone else, who got caught with 3 plants and no lighting or ventilation, and he was given a caution.

if its gonna be empty for a long time, and you dont mind being illegal, at least you arent defrauding or stealing from anyone.

the laptop thing can actually hurt companies as they lose out. It certainly used to work a few years ago when i sold them, as we got stung a few times.

Our only protection was not to make the sale if the person sounded a bit 'dodgy'. This meant not selling to shifty sounding foreigners such as Nigerians.

Delivery companies dont give a shit, and we lost a few by a guy not even being in the house, but being in a car outside the house and getting out when the van arrived.

Thats probably a safer option as I suspect the property could be traced to you if you have keys to it.

scoota bk
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:06 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well go down the local tip and collect as many sodden mattress as you can get, then see how many immigrants you can get in at a fiver pppn

Gti
Bendy Groupie

PostPosted: 21:14 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would draw too much attention to the place, most neighbours won't keep shut if 30 immigrants suddenly moved in to the supposedly empty place next door.

Plus a single laptop scam would rake in more money and with a lot less risk.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

rent it out as a postal address, to people(s).

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 21:54 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go with the hooker thing im definitely down for easter Wink

In all seriousness, force in some cheap tiny window to make it look like someone broke in, and then grow copious quantities of weed.

No real comeback (long as you buy all the grow stuff in cash, or get a mate to buy it on their card).

Admittedly you still risk failed crop/theft/confiscation, but you dont risk bird.

Alternatively shoe rosie into it Thumbs Up
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 14 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open loads of mail order home shopping accounts, things like Kays, Littelwoods etc, then sell the stuff on ebay

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 15 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Running scams Reply with quote

Gti wrote:

I've seen those deals on the net where you can get free laptops sent to you in exchange for being signed up to loads of mail lists, anyone done that and knows the timescales for it?

Won't work. You don't just have to sign up to the mailing lists you have to purchase a certain amount of stuff too. Probably end up costing you more than the value of the laptop in the end.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1