BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mini moto warning

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Welsh Al
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:36 - 08 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I think he was about 12 years old, and the machines must weight 20 kilos, surely?.
But for the sake of 20 yards, why not ride it?. It certainly doesn't constitute a danger.

When i was a kid growing up in Cardiff, we all roamed around in bike gangs (styled after the BMX Bandits, more in concept than lurid lycra).
We made cross bows out of wood and elastic bands and paper bullets, and had staged gang wars.
Never a peep from the cops.

How times have changed.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands-up who here would come back from buring their kid brother/gran/mate because a kid on a minimoto had run into them or knocked them off the path to be run over by another vehicle or cut across a public road causing your family 's car to crash, would go home and say "Oh well never mind, at least we're not having to pay the cops to waste time chasing kids on harmless "toy" bikes?

Anyone? Didn't think so.

Ban 'em, take their bikes and if they are below the age of responsibility fine the parents too I say!

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Welsh Al
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:23 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's 'buring'?
Is it regional?

Marci
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:58 - 09 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the best idea I reckon is for Go Kart centre's to have day/sevenings just for mini moto's.

Most do, or did. A lot abandoned it due to lack of turnout a few months down the line...

Quote:
So The island went from having a huge mini moto club having track meets and a league to nothing in a few months. Everyone was then left with mini motos and no club.

Law is already coming into effect over here that is further limiting the LEGAL places where these can be ridden. The British Championships are having a nightmare booking kart circuits as everywhere is starting to bring in a no-minimotos law due to noise.

Can't use em in illegal places, and the places where you COULD use em are now being outlawed also... tis a losing battle for those who have always used them legitimately...

WardenLaw was one of THE best outdoor circuits for minimotos... for the first time in about 5 years we've been told we can no longer race there due to noise complaints regarding 2stroke engines. Think Kinsham was heading the same way last time we asked also...

[pimp]Anyone wanting to race them properly... head to https://www.mmra.org.uk [/pimp]

Quote:
However, to register a bike you have to have a VIN number, and I'm not sure whether the small frames have numbers punched on them, so it will make it impossible to insure for registration and hence remain road illegal.

The Italian ones generally do. The Chinese ones don't (I think). Several of the Italian Manufacturers will make a fully road-legal mini if you ask them, but the price tag for their machines is generally 8 to 10x more than for the Chinese bikes... nearly ALL bikes racing within the British Championships are Italian or Spanish manufacture.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bantam
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 10 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight, just as I was approaching my street after a full day in the car (for work) and a 380 mile round trip, two of these little tossers came out from behind parked cars on each side of the road doing about 20 mph straight at me. Where I live isn't the best area in town - 100 year old houses, mainly rented, narrow streets with cars parked on both sides. I had no where to go without either hitting them or hitting a parked car. Luckily, I too was only doing about 15 - 20 mph after just pulling into the street, so was able to stop in time. I recognised both of them - my neighbour and one of his mates.

I thought that, next time I saw them, I'd give them a light warning - explain the dangers and the illegality of their acts... and, ultimately, the damage it would do to my car if I hit them Very Happy

The neighbour is generally a good lad - got his CBT and a scoot and looks at my bikes with envy Mr. Green

Anyway, a couple of hours later and they were still tossing around the streets on them. I though, sod it, if I go out there and give my words of wisdom, they'll just carry on doing it. So I called the cops Twisted Evil

I told them what was happening and what had happened earlier and I gave then the name and address of my neighbour. The woman said that they'd send someone out to check the area. It's now another two hours later... no cops... kids still playing with their toys... what's the point?

Next time I might miss the brake and hit the accelerator Wink

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:36 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

bantam wrote:
I told them what was happening and what had happened earlier and I gave then the name and address of my neighbour. The woman said that they'd send someone out to check the area. It's now another two hours later... no cops... kids still playing with their toys... what's the point?

All mouth and no action, makes you sick at the attitude of the authorties sometimes.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 13:15 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of miserable fuckers. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:39 - 17 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is my litttle bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDPhcVfXfg

I got him a chinese bike which he only uses on a closed private (and we have permission) car park, and our local go kart track runs mini moto days once a month. so its not all bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fahd
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 22 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Timmeh wrote:
although those kids actually ride better than I do. Embarassed

Its funny how when you are little you have no fear, its only when you get older that you start to use your brain and think 'this may hurt' Laughing

Minimoto racing looks a laugh Thumbs Up

Not everyone who rides minimotos are 'chavs', the actual sport itself is growing widely and track days / race days are available at many karting tracks nowadays, the problem is that the 'chavs' don't bother attending as it's £30 for 4 hours of riding...

I've attached an image of me on my minimoto... Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2