Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

DNA, cheating?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 22:33 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: DNA, cheating? Reply with quote

not crazy about the looks, but the site quotes 75mph for the 180, its probly reasonable insurance, but i dunno, 22bhp max

only thing stopping me is the feeling of cheating, it may sound weird, but you would feel like your feet should be doin something surely

anyone know anything about this bike. or got any views on it?

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you cant really call it a bike can you? It's just a glorified scooter innit? Looks ok but surely its (the 50 anyway) is just for 16 yr olds that want to think they are riding a bike not a scooter and the larger ones are for commuters that dont want a real bike but prefer the look of em to a scooter? Surely noone that eventually wants to ride a real bike would touch them with a bargepole???

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:05 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a gilera DNA 50 when i turned 16 and it was a nice little bike (well....scooter) anyways ROB i am one of the people that went on to a real bike!! :lol: anyways maybe see you down box hill in july when i have time to go there i have a silver aprilia rs125 and a silver and black leathers! what is your bike and what leathers do u wear so i can look out for you! maybe we will see eachother before i go box hill and we can stop and have a chat!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:12 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Re: DNA, cheating? Reply with quote

Wild Goose wrote:
anyone know anything about this bike. or got any views on it?

It has it's engine on the swingarm, 'nuff said
(not a scooter fan, can you tell?)

For the price of one you could probably get an oldish NSR etc *and* insure it.

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikerboy wrote:
i had a gilera DNA 50 when i turned 16 and it was a nice little bike (well....scooter) anyways ROB i am one of the people that went on to a real bike!!

Well thats ok cos you had one as a 16 yr old... thats allowed... better than a scooter!!!! Laughing

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:18 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyways i have a very very very very very nice aprilia rs125 now!! he he he it's much better with gears and a lot faster (don't tell the poilce)
anyways where in london do u live rob? and G? G do you go to box hill with zimma and the rest of them from around london?

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 23:23 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

the engine does make the back of the bike look ghey

i want a real bike, but the insurance quotes im gettin, are messing up the works

to hell with the DNA, wasnt sure about the looks anyway :P

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:32 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a real bike!! much better and plus your feet don't just ley there all alone! :lol: and it's much faster think about 125 can go faster then all scooters even the 400cc or upwords!!! go for a nice real bike

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:35 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Re: yeah Reply with quote

You could consider something like an NS (pre NSR), RG TZ etc. The NS is only NU group 4/5 and you can get them pretty cheaply... they easily derestrict to give an aroun 85mph top speed.

I do go to box hill occasionaly

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:39 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G i have a silver aprilia rs 125 and i will be going to box hill in the late summer

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:37 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sat on the DNA at the NEC, it was tiny and I'm sure it would get really uncomfortable after a while, even for me and I'm only about 5'8". Plus I think you'd get laughed at by people with 'real' bikes unfortunately.

Plus I don't think the insurance is that cheap with it being desirable and a larger capacity, cos the quotes I got for the runner 180 (a long time ago mind) were quite high. The performance will be crap as well cos its 4 stroke isn't it. Plus they're still really expensive to buy aren't they? if they were cheaper I could see why they're sensible but not (like others have said above) when you could get an old stroker 125 for the same cash.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1