BCF: Bike Chat Forums

APRILIA RS125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:49 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: APRILIA RS125 Reply with quote

how many times can it be tuned(derestricted)? some peole say 3 some sy 2 what is it?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:30 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you mean how many ways is it restricted. Basically depends on the market the bike was built for (some countries get them with tiny carbs), but essentially they are only restricted by having a blanking plate instead of the power valve. You can get more power by using a bigger carb. You can gt rid of the flat spot (for noise test reasons) between 5000 and 6000 by modifying the cdi unit

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:47 - 04 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,
but i also got told that bikes can get tuned at the front, bakc and in the middle of the bike! so is this right??

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:34 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikerboy wrote:
thanks,
but i also got told that bikes can get tuned at the front, bakc and in the middle of the bike! so is this right??

Not really sure what they mean, but the engine can be tuned in many ways, and for best results needs to be done in several ways at the same time for best results (eg, changing the exhaust for one that gives best results at 13000rpm would be no use with porting designed for 11000rpm and a carb giving best results at 9000rpm)

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:46 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a aprilia rs 125 (silver) what ways can you tune this bike up and how fast could you get it too go

Ryan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:49 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: not worth it Reply with quote

The best way (as with all bikes) to make an RS125 go faster is to sell it do ur test and get an RS250, believe me u'll have enough problems without tunin it

bikerboy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 23:52 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

what bike you got ryan??

Ryan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:24 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Ive got an RS125, it blow its main bairing last november and something major has just gone wrong with it now. Although it has had some bad treatment such as 3 crashes, with the last one not being my fault so its getting written off and ill soon (hopefully) be a proud owner of a vfr/rvf400.

Saying that the RS125 has been a good bike, ive had 115mph out of it a few times and it keeps up with all the bikes on rides out on twisty roads (last week i added two vfr800s to my 'had em in the twisties' list).

but like i said id always need to keep £500 in the bank for the next thing thats gonna go wrong
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1