Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I've seen it all now

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 20:32 - 14 Aug 2003    Post subject: I've seen it all now Reply with quote

Many of you know about my 'issues' with the Westminster Nazi Parking Wardens, who seem incapable of spotting my resident's permit (to the tune of 18 tickets and counting). And it's not just me, cos Zimma's recently got himself a permit for my zone, and he's already had a PCN Rolling Eyes

Anyway, at the end of my road is a bike-only bay. I just went past on my way to the shop and there's a wee SR lying on it's side - it must have been right at the end of the bay cos it's fallen outwards and is now lying half in the bay and half on the single yellow line.

I think you know what's coming here...

Yes, tucked into the bars in a manner which would be impossible if it had happened when vertical, is that little blue and white City of Westminster envelope.

Can you say 'wankers' Question

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 21:02 - 14 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrggghhhhhh!!!! Mad

I hate these incompetent, stupid, greedy, bastards! They must not have a brain cell to share amongst them. It almost makes me want to move there so I could wage war against them! Twisted Evil

Grrrrr..... Evil or Very Mad

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 14 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever thought about changing one letter on your number plate, i commute and park in town sometimes, and always use bus lanes and have had no problems! Wink Laughing

Susi
Whitton Girl

PostPosted: 22:36 - 14 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are w*nkers, but there's a little something you don't know... All Westminster parking attendants have been offered a prize at the end of the year. The person that gives the most tickets within the Westminster area will be awarded - can you guess what it is??? - a brand new £13k car. Now you know why they've been going crazy since January with their stupidly given parking tickets.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 22:42 - 14 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I heard about that a while ago. That's why my big blue bike cover has been seeing a lot of use recently... just cos it pisses them off Very Happy

paulcdb
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:17 - 14 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lucky here, we have 1 traffic warden who is moved from various towns around here so we hardly ever see one... even when he's posted here, he never seems to give out tickets... hope he isn't on commission, lol.

I've seen what there like away though, and giving prizes for the most tickets is talking the p***, why not a prize for catching the most criminals?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:36 - 15 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ NSR wrote:
ever thought about changing one letter on your number plate, i commute and park in town sometimes, and always use bus lanes and have had no problems! Wink Laughing

Yes, but if you get pulled over (cos you have a 9x3 dont you) then your fairly fucked to say the least.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 15 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite right, its not the same for getting pulled with a normal sized plate!

i did consider riding without a plate at one point and just using velcro to attach it back on if im parked up on a high street, maximum fine for no plate is 30quid and all you say is "sowwy officor it was there when i left Wink "

ummm how does 120 through a 40 speed camera fell like, and not getting caught!! muhaha Laughing

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 15 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite right, its not the same for getting pulled with a normal sized plate!

i did consider riding without a plate at one point and just using velcro to attach it back on if im parked up on a high street, maximum fine for no plate is 30quid and all you say is "sowwy officor it was there when i left Wink "

ummm how does 120 through a 40 speed camera fell like, and not getting caught!! muhaha Laughing

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 00:48 - 15 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont need a fake plate cos I have a legal right to park outside my house. It's just the wardens will ticket anything with or without wheels that they can, and seem to have decided that bending over to check my permit is far too much effort Rolling Eyes

darryl
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 15 Aug 2003    Post subject: i got chased by...... Reply with quote

Mr. Green a borough warden in ealing trying to ticket me. it has to be attached to the vehicle ATV-to make it legal (in ealing-not sure elsewhere!!),...chased me the fucker & nearly got hit by guess what?....a police car. they were'nt happy-think the cop may of spilt his tea & dropped his dougnut cos he went mad @ the warden-me?,..i was outta' there like fuck!!. bastard wardens!!!-bye.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 13:58 - 15 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ NSR wrote:

Well, I dunno what it will feel like, 'cos I won't do tw*ttish $hit like that. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Susi
Whitton Girl

PostPosted: 14:00 - 15 Aug 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear that the Westminster parkies are stupid. A while back the Mother had moved the car so that the two front tires were sticking out of the bay. She'd basically done this because she was washing the car and couldn't get the hose to reach. She'd been there for a good hour and the parking attendant had seen what she was doing and hadn't said a single thing. He was just sitting there in his car watching. It wasn't until she decided to come inside to the grab the hoover that he took the opportunity to give her a ticket.

When she came back out she saw him placing the ticket just under the windscreen wiper. At this point (being Spanish and all) she went mental, started arguing with him telling he to cancel the the ticket and that he was a b*stard for what he did. Of course being the typical parking attendant, he told her that he couldn't cancel the ticket. That's when she got rather violent and pushed him a few times until he fell onto the bonnet of the car behind him. She then continued to take the opportunity to scream a few more profanities at him and stuffed the ticket in his pocket while telling him to shove it up his arse.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1