Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

!!!GOD DAMN SURREY POLICE!!!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 19:53 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: !!!GOD DAMN SURREY POLICE!!!!!! Reply with quote

got pulled over on the way home from box hill on sunday for doing "37 mph in a 30 zone" i mean how petty is that????? it cost me a bloady £60 fixed penalty as well Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Lucky u got no ban, beaware of the police mate, they cunts for doin u for 7mph, usually u can get away upto 40mph.

Pricks..

watch it

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could they do you for doing 31mph in a 30 zone? I know it sounds like an obvious question but I remember reading that speedos only have to be accurate to within 3mph either way by law- which means that if you got caught doing 33 you could say you thought you were doing 30. I know alot would probably let you off for 33 anyway- but the dickhead that did you for 37 probably wouldn't of done.
On a similar note I heard that 125 speedo's are very inaccurate- so on an NSR for example if the speedo said you were doing 60 how fast are you likely to be going?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mole
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:25 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ctyson,

What a shit day U add, sorry to hear that mate ow many
points do U get for a fixed penalty? I thought the Idea wus
if U accepted a fixed penalty you did not get points. Confused

Remember Points make Prizes Wink

Mole
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe what prize would that be? massive insurance increase you say? just what I always wanted!!!!

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 20:35 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a daft question - but did you challenge them? I know someone who was followed by a police car for a couple of miles doing about 60 in a 40. When he got pulled over, there was only one police officer. My mate asked if the equipment had been calibrated that day (apparently if it isn;t calibrated daily then they have no proof that you were speeding) and also what the offier was going to do for witnesses - one on their own, again, ins't conclusive proof you were over the speed limit. Usually if you do that they can't be bothered with getting everything done.

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:58 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive only ever been pulled once, that was for doing 55mph in a 40mph limit. The officer lived in my street, and once he noticed it was me asked if i wanted to buy his car Smile

Then he told me if i ever get pulled to mention his name and id be let off Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 21:06 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, 37mph is still over the limit.
And yes, in theory you could get done for 31mph in a 30, although police guidelines are to give 10% + 3 mph.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 21:10 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that it was 10% + 2 ??...anyways...

...it must have been a quiet day for the pigs...

Tin

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:13 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keen wrote:
Could they do you for doing 31mph in a 30 zone? I know it sounds like an obvious question but I remember reading that speedos only have to be accurate to within 3mph either way by law- which means that if you got caught doing 33 you could say you thought you were doing 30. I know alot would probably let you off for 33 anyway- but the dickhead that did you for 37 probably wouldn't of done.
On a similar note I heard that 125 speedo's are very inaccurate- so on an NSR for example if the speedo said you were doing 60 how fast are you likely to be going?

Hi

Yes you can get done for 31mph. Normal guidelines are 10%+2mph, but the police can and sometimes do ignore them.

A speedo must legall read within 10% of the correct speed, and it MUST over read and MUST NOT under read (it used to be +/- 10% until about 20 years ago)

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MultiSync
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:16 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily up here in the sticks there are few police and the roads arnt that busy generally so police arnt really bothered. Whats the police situation like in places like london or any of the cities?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 22:03 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

well i live in hertfordshire, right on the edge of london, and there is a shed load of the buggers around me every day you really gotta watch it

but i am in the wrong a hell of a lot, ive probly gotta work on that

like i ride a bit pissed more than i should, and piss about, and do silly overtakes and stuff, depends what mood im in

do any of you ever get like, youve had a really shitty day or someone has pissed you off, then you get really agreesive, it happens to me, probly a bad thing

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commute into the centre of London (Soho) everyday and hardly ever see any Police at all!! Laughing Pity all the traffic means you can never do much more than a snails pace!! Crying or Very sad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:09 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: Re: !!!GOD DAMN SURREY POLICE!!!!!! Reply with quote

shitter.
Especially considering what we were doing before.
I presume you get 3 points with that... could be nasty for insurance Crying or Very sad I assume it's too late, but it my be worth trying asking if they had a calibration certificate.

Quote:
do any of you ever get like, youve had a really shitty day or someone has pissed you off, then you get really agreesive, it happens to me, probly a bad thing

Yes and I stacked my NS a few miles from anywhere, had to push it back with the forsk bent and the front wheel pointing to left so I had to pick the front end up to turn right..... a bad thing
adimttadly it was raining and my back wheel skipped over a pothole, but I would have probably been riding more sensibly if I hadn't been pissed off.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 10:16 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your 31, 32, 33 and they pull you etc it wont stand up in court. REALLY easy to get yourself off and make them luck dumb if you ever get pulled for that kinda speed.

gotta be a real knob who'd pull you for that in the first place.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Re: !!!GOD DAMN SURREY POLICE!!!!!! Reply with quote

ctyson18 wrote:
got pulled over on the way home from box hill on sunday for doing "37 mph in a 30 zone"

Unlucky mate Sad That is a prime example of a bastard copper.
I f*ckin hate the police big time. Evil or Very Mad
As 'G' says, lucky they didn't see us earlier aye! Laughing

I went past a police car going the opposite way to me last night and I must have been doing a good 75 in a 50 zone. Old Bill put their lights and siren on (not sure if they were after me Question but so what ). Needless to say, I carried on for a bit then turned off down some backroads sharpish. Wink

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 17:34 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

hehehe.

mole = cos i accepted the penalty i dont get any points Smile

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:09 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Re: .... Reply with quote

ctyson18 wrote:
hehehe.
mole = cos i accepted the penalty i dont get any points :)

That's not *too* bad then... £60 now rather than £100s on your insurance later.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never thought u can do that,

i thought if u got a yellow ticket it was 60£ and an endorsement (points on ur licence)

so let me get this straight...

if a officer stops u ie speeding, gives u a ticket wiv ~£60 on it, u accaept and u get no points..

is this truE??

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:46 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

yep

its says on the ticket

"the police will take no further action in respect to the offence or the holders licence provided you pay within 28 days the fixed penalty shown bellow"

the police man that issued the ticket said provided i dont pleed not guilty i wont go to court and i wont get any points

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get u, did u also get a producer??

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 20:57 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

yeah, but they never kept my licence

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 20:58 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

<naive>What is a "producer" that you guys are talking about? </naive>

Tin

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 21:01 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

the police dont expect you to carry your plastic and paper licence and your cbt around with you so they give you a ticket called a producer, which means you have 8 days to take you licence cbt and inshurance details to a police station of your choice.

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Strange Surrey police round my area are quite nice will have a chat with you an stuff and i've never been pulled over. My mate was pulled over on his rs125 4 speedin but when the copper saw that he had only just passed his CBT he let him off, well good Razz wish all coppers were like that

Luke
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1