Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

De-restricting a Yamaha YBR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: De-restricting a Yamaha YBR 125 Reply with quote

Hi all. Is it possible to derestrict a Yamaha 125 YBR? I have recently bought one but getting to 65MPH can be a struggle. All help appreciated, thanks.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:30 - 12 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Don't think they are restricted. It is a 4 stroke 125 single so not going to be that quick. Would expect a bit over 70 on the flat though.

All the best

Keith

RS1Banger
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:25 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, they're 10hp stock, so 65 is it

they must be held back a bit by the ultra quiet exhaust (possibly catted)and lean stoichiometric jetting

cams are available but at 90euro is it worth it

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 13 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, never mind. Thought there may have been something that I could have done to give it a little bit more ooophm. Just have to wait 'til I'm 21 then.

WDeranged
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 02:28 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, people always say this, surely there are some small tweaks for this bike, half the fun of learning is getting to do a little bit of tinkering Smile

Hope there are some suggestions, I've been looking at the YBR for a few months, sounds like a refined CG.

Peace

WD

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 02:31 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDeranged wrote:
Bah, people always say this, surely there are some small tweaks for this bike, half the fun of learning is getting to do a little bit of tinkering Smile

Hope there are some suggestions, I've been looking at the YBR for a few months, sounds like a refined CG.

Of course you could make it a bit faster if you want to throw lots of cash at it, but that same money could be better used to take your full test & get a bike that's much faster out of the box.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:00 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans wrote:
Just have to wait 'til I'm 21 then.
No you don't have to wait 'til you are 21, take your full test. You will be restricted to 33bhp for 2 years, but im 19 and im free of my restriction in 2 months. Razz (not that I ever stuck to it like) A 33bhp bike is far far more fun than a 125.

Welshd1k
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

edd wrote:
Evans wrote:
Just have to wait 'til I'm 21 then.
No you don't have to wait 'til you are 21, take your full test. You will be restricted to 33bhp for 2 years, but im 19 and im free of my restriction in 2 months. Razz (not that I ever stuck to it like) A 33bhp bike is far far more fun than a 125.

but some 125's are 33bhp ....

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ns125rk90 wrote:

Yes but to make good use of the 125's power you need to ring its neck. Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:06 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finglonga wrote:

And personally I find that fun Wink.

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Finglonga wrote:

And personally I find that fun Wink.

Me too. Cool
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you

Dalemac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently they are restricted at the exhaust, but havnt took mine to pieces to find out :p

Marci
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:33 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You mean CLAIM to be 33bhp, and that only applies to 2 strokes. There isn't a single 4T 125 out there that's 33bhp, altho rumours abound that they're coming soon... at the mo for 4T users you have to step up to a 150 to get equiv power of the derestricted 2t's (eg: latest CRF150R 4T is 26bhp, but it's a crosser and it still has a top speed of 75mph-ish... all it's power is in acceleration / bottom end, and regearing doesn't resolve - exhausts are designed for bottom end - for topend would mean a custom pipe would need to be made to shift powerband to the right spot). Mito and Aprilia are both advertised as 33bhp bikes when derestricted, but reality is more towards 26 / 27bhp assuming stock derestricted bike in good condition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:41 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless it makes no difference, 125's although claiming to be 33bhp most of the time arent. You legally cant ride above 14.2bhp (or whatever, cant remember exactly) on L-plates, so if you are willing to ride outside your licence, pass your test and buy a big bike, then dont restrict it. I cant say i think its a good idea to do either. But riding a 33bhp (claimed) 125 on L's is only as bad as riding a 65bhp (claimed) big bike. Both are double your legal limit. Plus all the time you are on L-plates you arent getting any closer to losing your restriction. If you pass your test now in 2 years you can legally ride a hayabusa turbo with nitrous. (providing you can insure it, which is unlikely tbh) Razz

Dalemac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam it. and to think the busa is my fav bike.....lol

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:04 - 08 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marci wrote:

You mean CLAIM to be 33bhp, and that only applies to 2 strokes. There isn't a single 4T 125 out there that's 33bhp, altho rumours abound that they're coming soon... at the mo for 4T users you have to step up to a 150 to get equiv power of the derestricted 2t's

Don't think there's likely to many coming soon at any where near 33hp - unless people put serious thought into superchargers anyway. The CRF150 is an ideal example of why not - to make 26hp it is pretty highly tuned; requiring regular rebuilds. They have been made to replace the 85cc 2 strokes, which make similar power.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 52 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1