BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What Durex?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 00:13 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: What Durex? Reply with quote

i went out today for a blast on my tzr with my mate on his kawasaki 750,, all going nice thsn my bike started feeling abit slugish, though nothing of it, when we stoped at the light it staled!! never normaly does that! started up and off we went then it realy started to mess up no power and it was missing and backfireing!! i pulled up had a look nothing looked wrong, we managed to bumpstart it but it was missing and popping- no power.
it feels like therers no compresion, like when u dont screw your plug in properly!!

i'v checked the plug and it's got a good spark,
fule, air, 2 strokes getting through fine,
engine kicks over fine (i thought id cezed it at first u c )
all i can thing of is the head gasket,

What do u think

Cheers Guys Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:00 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Head gasket going will either use loads of water and / or preasurise the colling system with loads of air.

Most likely is that a ring has failed (as the bike did not seem to nip up). Take a quick look, as the longer you leave it the more damage it can do.

The carb would probably not affect idle if it screwed up high speed running, and the ignition normall either works or it doesnt (well, 90% of the time)

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:00 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: Bla Bla Reply with quote

Quote:
Most likely is that a ring has failed

Not Bad!!!!!! I had a look and a ring had skored the barrel and made a bit of a mess, NO probs £70 for a re-bore new piston rings gaskets, and skimed cylinder head!

Mick Abbey tuneing

Cheers Keith Wink

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:05 - 06 May 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

i had a problem like that a while back was just going along then just srated backfiring and stutering loosing opwer, took it in an it needed a new ignition coil, hope that helps. but keth knows what his talking about Laughing

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:43 - 07 May 2002    Post subject: bla bla Reply with quote

It was not a ring on a second look, it was a circlip that holds the gudgin pin in that decided to make sweet love between my barrol and piston.
UUUUUUUUUUMM EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

what extra bhp will the skimed head give it's had 3mm off it and would u recomend a harder plug?? Razz

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:40 - 08 May 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I had a circlip go once, damn dealer had used the wrong one on an Aprilia I bought!

Skimming the head will raise the compression, maybe enough (probably at 3mm) to cause detontation. It also affects the squish band, which is the area around the edge of the combustion chamber, normally designed to be almost non existant at TDC to force the mixture towards the centre of the combustion chamber.

I would be surpised if the TZR had enough space to take 3mm off without having to reprofile the combustion chamber as well

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1