Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scotland going its own way - thoughts.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 09 Feb 2007    Post subject: Scotland going its own way - thoughts. Reply with quote

Just having a chat about this and everyone was very favourable to them leaving the union.

Does anyone want Scotland to stay?

The way I see it the Scott's want to go their own way and the majority of the English want them to go. So they should.

We should have no common finance or laws, all revenues raised in Scotland should stay in Scotland and like wise for England.

It might be a nice place to go, for us English to go on our bikes as speed fines won't incur points , like in Ireland!!!!!!!

I suppose the English parliament would always be Tory, perhaps thats why there's been a delay.

Anyone disagree?

Anyone Scottish disagree ???????

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 20:22 - 09 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been done already. Wink

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:22 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah he posted in that one too

i think we would have problems letting scotland break free unless we kept north sea oil for ourselves, and I'm not sure how we'd manage that. North Sea oil is something we can sell to foreign countries as we dont manufacture much these days. If a country has a balance of trade deficit (imports more than it exports) its bad.

Also we would be doomed to be ruled by the tory part forever, as its scottish votes that keeps labour in power.

I know labour isnt great, but the tories are a joke. Cameron in particular.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 11 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its coming, isn't it this years elections in Scotland which will be the decider.

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 20:43 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope it aint coming,much as we would like it too Wink

As long as we have the oil,talent and good looks to keep up the Unions average they will never let go Rolling Eyes

And BTW if it did happen, we wouldnt give the English visitors points, we would simply impound the vehicles Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 20:46 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone Scottish disagree ???????

Any Scottish what? If you mean the people we are Scots Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KiMo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it to happen but as Kwacker said it does not look like it will hapen anytime soon unfortunately.

Richie-ninja
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Scotland should go own way......

Then we Scots can connect the english peoples water meters straight into our lochs,, earning loads a money Holyrood.......

My ephotozine portfolio

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave scotland alone
we can look after ourself
we contribute more to the coffers than we cost

Scotland is better on its own
but England won't let us go as long as we have oil

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Reppyboyo
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:00 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope Scotland at least tried to leave the union.

No more Tony Blair Razz

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:12 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Depends if they can ensure that some of the politicians who have escaped south are repatriated and never allowed out again.

By the way, much of the oil fields are in English territorial waters.

All the best

Keith

KiMo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Depends if they can ensure that some of the politicians who have escaped south are repatriated and never allowed out again.

By the way, much of the oil fields are in English territorial waters.

All the best

Keith
Nah you can keep them especialy that fat c**t who instead of supporting Glasgow (his consistuency sp? ) he is supporting London for the commonwealth games.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:55 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We can maybe make a deal on using a few of them for foundations.

All the best

Keith

KiMo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea KS Thumbs Up

Just like to point out I dont care where the comonwealth games are held. I just cant stand people who dont stand up for the people they are being payed to represent. I suppose that means that I cant stand any politicians.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would be no point now, have you been to the highlands recently? More English accents than Scottish now. No offence to any English people on the forum but its not nice to see a Scottish fishing village like Ullapool turn into a English retirement centre. Not being a bigget or racist just stating a fact.

FLAME ON.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 11:53 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! You think that's bad. In England we have people from over 1000 miles away who don't speak our own language.

Jeez, think you got problems with a few English people?

What about the Scots that move south to England for job opportunities in London? Same thing isn't it. Besides for the moment at least we are still in the same country.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not mean it like that, u have taken it the wrong way, i have no problem with people moving to work etc but to come here buy all the houes and land and locals have no chance of buying a house.

We have a lot of pols up here working in hotels etc, i have no problem with that they are looking for work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

since im a foreigner, ill have my say.
i think that you guys have very little to worry about with scottish traveling south or english traveling north,
its the e u people that are taking over your countries,
getting welfare and free health care,(i can't get any of those things being a member of the commonwealth, not that i would even have the cheek to even expect it)
being a spark i meet lots of other tradesmen and even in the year and a bit ive been here the amount of polish and eastern block europeans has increased dramatically,
unlike me, they'll never leave... and 99% can't even speak english.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 13 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LOL! You think that's bad. In England we have people from over 1000 miles away who don't speak our own language.

Wonder if thats what the Spanish people think of English colonising over there. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1