Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

An American view on Matty Hull and friendly fire.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

octane
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:41 - 09 Feb 2007    Post subject: An American view on Matty Hull and friendly fire. Reply with quote

I watched this last night, and couldn't fu**in' believe the arrogance of this guy.

I will say this guy is from Iadaho, and being I'm getting married to an American girl very soon, I know this is a complete nobody from nowhere and isn't representative of many American's views... but I still had a 'sleeping with the enemy' moment after seeing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKDzTHvKRgw

Mary Jane
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:35 - 09 Feb 2007    Post subject: Re: An American view on Matty Hull and friendly fire. Reply with quote

octane wrote:
I watched this last night, and couldn't fu**in' believe the arrogance of this guy.

I will say this guy is from Iadaho, and being I'm getting married to an American girl very soon, I know this is a complete nobody from nowhere and isn't representative of many American's views... but I still had a 'sleeping with the enemy' moment after seeing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKDzTHvKRgw

You're right that it's not representative of the majority of American's views, but there are still some who feel that way. Most of them are backwater ignorant bastards who think humans and dinosaurs existed at the same time, that the earth is only a few thousand years old, and that evolution is bogus science (while creationism is fact).

Also, keep in mind the amount of inbreeding that goes on in Idaho. aka, the biggest waste of space in the west. I'm not going to make apologies for what this man says though: he's wrong, and unbelievably so.

That should never be acceptable. In my opinion, the Pilot and The Controllers who gave him clearance to fire should all be courts-martialled, if possible jailed, and the US should make what restitution it can to the UK soldier's family.

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 09 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I read an article about how America was the worlds largiest funder of terrorism at one point, yet they claim there at war with terrorism. Confused Although that could be highly disputed.

Can't believe the sheer arrogance this man has, such a shame really. Thumbs Down

Last edited by Dan 4RR on 00:22 - 10 Feb 2007; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GodzGift
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 09 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last words by the pilot in question popov ... was

"this sucks, were in jail dude?"

damn yanks, i would smash that guy in his face and the neighbour, c**nts

Gpz 900R
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 09 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short memory that cunt has, should have asked him where funding for some of the Irish terrorists and the Contra's in Nicaragua came from, mind you probably the closest the prick has come to active military service himself is giving a blow job to the pilot.

10 pence Short
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:00 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched that when it went out live, I was gob smacked. It's an item about Americans Killing a Brit, And he launches into the UK not helping during other wars, WTF?
I suppose he could feel threatened and be Defending his friend, Attack is the best form of Defense?

I did think " Is that what all Yanks think about us?"

Hopefully not.

california_rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't think of a damned thing I can say in that old bastard's defense. I love to play devil's advocate, but there's just no room to move this time.

The comments of those pilots, especially the one with the higher voice, after they found out what they had done were despicable.
However, after they'd time to fully comprehend the situation, specifically the fact that they'd caused the death of one of their fellow soldiers, I believe the pilots are deeply regretful of what occurred, regardless of who's fault it was. They're human beings after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 13:39 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thing that struck me was how unprofessional the pilots were over the communication system, almost beyond disbelief, these are supposed to be highly educated professional people Neutral

was like listening to two lads in the arcades Rolling Eyes

as for that idiot giving us a good bashing trying to defend his friend, wouldnt surprise me if a lot of americans felt like that

just one more reason for us to pull out and let them get on with it, if they dont need us then bollocks to it, let them clear up their own mess
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 17:54 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least they are staying there in an attempt to clear up the mess

israel bombed and invaded lebanon, and then left getting the UN to do the tricky bit of occupying the place

cheeky buggers

Glen
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:54 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the same guy trying to worm his way out of the shit Confused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3rEykLZLGo&NR

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 20:47 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but that guy is a total idiot. First of all he says that 'you guys over there just sucked your thumbs through World War II'. This actually made me laugh out loud, to think that these idiots actually believe this? And to think that they themselves won the war? They were on the winning side, but they didn't win it themselves, the British and the Ruskies contributed mostly to the victory. But people worldwide seem to forget this, and think that the US were in the war from the start!

Classic examples include nearly every World War based FPS on any console has always been from the American point of view and you always have to be American soldiers, only recently has this changed.

Another was evident in The Simpsons where a schoolteacher says: 'Wait, you didn't hear how the war ended........We won!' Again, no you didn't you jumped on the bandwagon in the last few years, only because you had to, not because you wanted to.

Another point he incinuates is that the US army is the best in the world. I don't believe this, I think that the British Army is the best, well trained and disciplined where it was clear to see that they are not well organised from the video and the verbal intercourse.

The only reason the USA gets talked down to and belittled is because of all the people that holds views like that guy. There is a few people on here with relatives in Iraq, I highly doubt that anybody wants to be there and to say that we should 'get on board' is pretty stupid.

I also think that it could have all been handled better, for example, something that scares me is an Iraqi friend at my college actually believes that terrorists e.g. suicide bombers are only doing it because we 'invaded' their country, and that they are fighting a 'Holy War'. They are his exact words, and I am slightly worried that he has been brought up to believe this, this is on par with white kids being brought up as slightly racist but nobody seemed to bat an eyelid.

Didn't really want to post because everytime I do some ponce tries to break down my argument but hearing that idiot say we sat and sucked our thumbs throughout WWII really did boil my piss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

california_rookie wrote:
Can't think of a damned thing I can say in that old bastard's defense. I love to play devil's advocate, but there's just no room to move this time.
So if you could think of a reason, you would stand up for him or am I misinterpreting this? Confused

Quote:
Sorry but that guy is a total idiot. First of all he says that 'you guys over there just sucked your thumbs through World War II'. This actually made me laugh out loud, to think that these idiots actually believe this? And to think that they themselves won the war? They were on the winning side, but they didn't win it themselves, the British and the Ruskies contributed mostly to the victory. But people worldwide seem to forget this, and think that the US were in the war from the start!
IIRC, the USA joined in 1942, 3 years after WW2 had started (Although this could be wrong). Plus the allied forces in Europe were trying their hardiest to resist defeat and help those innocent jewish people long before the USA came to "Save our asses".

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 21:17 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
an Iraqi friend at my college actually believes that terrorists e.g. suicide bombers are only doing it because we 'invaded' their country, and that they are fighting a 'Holy War'.

We did invade Iraq. They didnt attack us. We attacked them.
If someone invaded our country and wanted to impose a government that they liked, would you think that people who fought the invaders and collaborators were good or bad ?

Your Iraqi friend is right.

Maybe our leaders really believed that Iraq was a threat, or maybe they didnt. Who knows.

I bet the Nazis thought the french resistance were bad people, in the same way you think Iraqi insurgents are bad people.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 22:31 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Colin, he is not right.

You think if 'Allied' forces pulled out of Iraq it would all get better and everything would be rosy? Because if you do then you are more of an idiot than I gave you credit for. Though I don't agree with Allied forces ever going into Iraq in the first place, they are there now primarily to keep the peace.

The actual suicide bombing he was referring to was the London bombings etc. do you still think he is right? Insurgents also kill innocent Iraqi people. Do you think that innocent people should be terrorised in the name of 'Allah'? Do you honestly believe people that had nothing to do with Allied insertion into Iraq should be punished for it?

Idiot.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 22:33 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Yanks have a name for people like the guy interviewed.
That'd be asshole.
To be fair I'd say he was an ignorant asshole.

...but then I expect he was just bought up on American TV and education. FWIW I find Americans can be arrogant. Trouble is they don't realise that's what they're being. It's normal for them Confused I'd bet a large number of Americans couldn't pinpoint Iraq or Afghanistan on a map.

Based on his comments I'll feel free to insult American military anytime.
Badly trained, badly managed, badly organised.
Rely too much on the firepower.
Didn't work in Vietnam, learn from your mistakes!

...sorry forgot, Americans don't learn from mistakes, they just know how to get better at repeating them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

nick606
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 10 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote] we sat sucking are thumbs [quote]

made me very angry indeed the us gets far to much praise for ww2 as it is. just look at all the war films out there... there all from the us side making it look like they did all the work (only film i can think of with brits in a major part of the film is the longest day but every allies country was in it.).... and the bit about we cant shoot move and talk at the same time,,, really i think that is because we think about what we are doing first rather than "oh lets shot the shit out of it and then lets see what it is"
don’t mean to offends any Americans reading this but people with the this view make me very angry indeed

not to sure about the movie quoting but i though i would mention it

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 00:55 - 11 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
No Colin, he is not right.

You think if 'Allied' forces pulled out of Iraq it would all get better and everything would be rosy?

no

phantomtek wrote:
Insurgents also kill innocent Iraqi people. Do you think that innocent people should be terrorised in the name of 'Allah'? Do you honestly believe people that had nothing to do with Allied insertion into Iraq should be punished for it?

Idiot.

If one country attacks another coutry, it shouldnt be surprised if it gets attacked back.

The civil war now going on in Iraq is stoked up by Israel and Iran who both have their reasons for wanting there to be no peace in Iraq.

Saddam had the factions under control and maintained peace. Take away Saddam and his ruling forces, and the two rival factions let loose hell on each other.

I agree with you that we should never have invaded Iraq in the first place, and I agree with you that the attempt to maintain order while it got organised was a noble idea.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be working any more, and now many people think the occupying forces are no longer helping.

I may disagree with you, but that doesnt make me an idiot.

Try to refrain from personal insults.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 01:46 - 11 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
I may disagree with you, but that doesnt make me an idiot.

Try to refrain from personal insults.

I can't help it when what you say is so stupid it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty turd.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:58 - 11 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so saying that turds go rusty isnt stupid ?

california_rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 11 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
ok so saying that turds go rusty isnt stupid ?

That depends on how much iron you get in your diet. Heh...

In all seriousness, though; I believe that where England's ratio of reasonably intelligent people to absolute morons is around 4:1, America's is probably closer to 1:4.

Every post on the forum from someone that's visited/emigrated here has stated correctly that life here is very easy. As such, people aren't taught the life lessons that come from having to make it on their own. However, the television says we should have opinions so we run 'round shouting at the top of our lungs the first thing that comes to mind. Which is where we get into trouble. That'd be the Reader's Digest version, anyway.

And I agree that our role in WWII is slightly exaggerated. However, would the outcome have been the same had we not entered the war? You can't blame us for being proud of what we all accomplished, even if most of us think we did it all ourselves and you lot were just cowering in the rubble scrounging for biscuits and adjusting your monocles or some such nonsense.

The fact of the matter is, we Americans think the world owes us a favor just for hauling our asses out of bed in the morning. What makes you think we want to learn anything about the world around us when all we have to do to get by is flip burgers a few hours a week to survive?

Did I mention that by the end of next year the minimum wage in California will be $8.50? Thanks, Arnie. Thumbs Down

california_rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 11 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan 4RR wrote:
california_rookie wrote:

So if you could think of a reason, you would stand up for him or am I misinterpreting this? Confused

If his statements weren't completely absurd, yes, I'd try to defend him based solely on the fact that we share the same country. Unfortunately, he's a complete fucking moron and his misinformed views are entirely indefensible.

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 12 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

california_rookie wrote:
In all seriousness, though; I believe that where England's ratio of reasonably intelligent people to absolute morons is around 4:1, America's is probably closer to 1:4.

Judging by all the chavs who are now reaching adulthood (and their kids who are starting school), the 4:1 ratio for Britain that you (rightfully) claim will soon change.

The majority of our country will become just as, if not more ignorant and pig-headed than America.
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon

WavyGravy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:25 - 14 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITN are stooping to Piers Morgan depths these days, just to get an exclusive angle on a tragedy, the best thing to do is to ignore that interview with the neighbour as best you can, he has his own agenda, he fought in the first war to be televised nightly to a public that hadnt seen anything like it before, and didn't know how to react to him when he returned home.

Something we brits seem incapable of doing these days is uniting behind our own country unless it is to watch a football match. We dont have to support the decision to invade Iraq in order to support our, and our allies, brave lads out there. The americans display their flag proudly outside their houses, familys with serving troops tie yellow ribbons around trees outside.

You'd think that even with our British reserve we could show some unity, after all we are fighting an enemy within as well as overseas, in that respect we are all 'troops'.

Fatalities from friendly fire used to run at something like 2%, with modern weapons fighting against old weapons this is bound to rise. British casualties from Gulf war one were 50% friendly fire, mostly from one incident, but whereas the allies total losses were 200 such was the imbalance of technology and training the Iraqi losses were conservatively estimated at 100,000, it doesnt take much friendly fire to make a big difference on a total of a couple of hundred.

It's down to us to take the emotion out of our judgement, if we start from the premise that the pilot didnt say "Lets go shoot some Brits" then whatever happened after that was a tragedy, the causes of which are being investigated.

Promoting the pilot sideways is the best option while this is going on, he must get nightmares, and would not be much use in a split second environment.

I will make one criticism, and that is aimed at the military big wigs who said the only reason the footage hadn't been released was due to security reasons. Has anyone seen anything different on that video that hasnt appeared on numerous other videos they have fallen over to show us when the target was an enemy tank/building/bunker/airfield?

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 14 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder why no one likes the fecking americans when they act like that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1