BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trip to France 9-16 December

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 18:44 - 10 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want to get really pedantic, your whole post didn't make any sense, as I pointed out Wink I'll let you have this one though, as obviously I didn't know that you don't pay for some short sections Smile

bin
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:24 - 10 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wont need a syphon nathan because you will both fill up together and have the same bike therefore you will both run out of fuel together

bin
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:26 - 10 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurice wrote:
Well if you want to get really pedantic, your whole post didn't make any sense, as I pointed out Wink I'll let you have this one though, as obviously I didn't know that you don't pay for some short sections Smile

From the ports you travel quite a distance before running into the peage.

SimonB
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:31 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

popwud wrote:
You wont need a syphon nathan because you will both fill up together and have the same bike therefore you will both run out of fuel together

Ah didn't read that bit, oh well forget the syphon idea thats one bit of kit you won't need.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 00:40 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're fairly cheap anyway, picked up a Draper one from a hardware store for a couple of quid.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:52 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

popwud wrote:

yeah but unless they have identical bikes, they wont have the same tank range

bin
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:19 - 11 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true colin....but the longer range range bike fills up every time the shorter range bike fills up.

kingnathski88
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:35 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

any other key things i will need?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:30 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

popwud wrote:
Thats true colin....but the longer range range bike fills up every time the shorter range bike fills up.

or put another way, if the short range bike gets caught short, the long range bike will still have a bit in his tank to to either syphon to his buddy, or to go get some petrol and come back and syphon it into his mates tank

u just need a bit of tubing. no need for a syphon if u just put it in the tank, put finger over the end, pull out and then move finger to let it flow

Modo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 01:51 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that if you use the French toll roads and you speed too fast (if there is such a thing) Laughing they can fine you if you travel between 2 peage`s to quickly. (work out your average speed) So blast it then fuel up. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 01:55 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modo wrote:
Remember that if you use the French toll roads and you speed too fast (if there is such a thing) Laughing they can fine you if you travel between 2 peage`s to quickly. (work out your average speed) So blast it then fuel up. Mr. Green

You would have to be seriously motoring for this - we weren't hanging around this summer and there was not even a sniff of the French Old Bill paying us any attention.

Infact, I have never met anyone that has had this happen, only ever heard rumour. Confused

Modo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:20 - 20 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoHippy wrote:
Modo wrote:

You would have to be seriously motoring for this - we weren't hanging around this summer and there was not even a sniff of the French Old Bill paying us any attention.

Infact, I have never met anyone that has had this happen, only ever heard rumour. Confused

Same hear! one of our party last year hit 182mph on the A39 south of Dijon, but sometimes rumours can bite ya in tha ass Rolling Eyes

kingnathski88
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:21 - 24 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy all, just thought i would say we had a wicked time. In the end there were supposed to be three of us going, Myself, Rob and Craig. 3 Hours before we were due to leave, Craig came off his bike, and was unable to continue the journey that hadn't even begun.

In short it took us 18 hours to get to our holiday home, we left at midnight, arrived about 6pm french time. Took us 15 hours to get home, french roads were very good and the police were cool Thumbs Up

We covered around 1900 k's by the end of it, had many near death experiences, got a screw in my tyre the night before we were to leave, some french guy bunged it up with god knows what, anyway if anyone is interested in seeing all the pointless scenic photos etc... and a arite up then please let me know and i will link you to the site where i am putting it all.

Unfortunately we didtn anticipate how much money we would really need, so spent the week relaxing, watching dvd's and having some time out, next year we plan to take more money, go in the last week of june and hoepfully ride down to le mans and / or paris.

Nathan.

Modo
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:17 - 26 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had a good trip and a safe return Very Happy

Twisted2004
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 01:07 - 20 Feb 2007    Post subject: 4 Day - UK, France, Switzerland, France and Home?? Reply with quote

So here is the plan....

Link to Microsoft Map Plan

FRIDAY

....leave London early morning 4/5am with the idea of being in France by early morning.

Ride approximately 300miles into France and setup in a hotel.

Maybe somewhere near Saint-Dizier

SATURDAY

...wake up ride another 300miles to Switzerland

Maybe somewhere near Geneva

SUNDAY

...wake up ride 300miles back into France.

Maybe somewhere near Le Mans

MONDAY

...ride home

I'm thinking 300miles a day isnt too much riding. The idea is to enjoy those 300miles, ride at a reasonable pace and probably stop even 100miles or so to rest, stretch out and have a drink of water or eat food.

Also if we make good time, we could have the option to have a blast around local roads!

Thoughts?

Any roads or areas that are A MUST? (obviously within scope of my planed route)

This will be my first trip mini tour. I'll be riding the Thunderace and my mate will be on his Duke 1098 (LOL - I hope its comfy!)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 75 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2