Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Example of China's growing influence on the world...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 16:07 - 27 Feb 2007    Post subject: Example of China's growing influence on the world... Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6400789.stm

Notice how the whole world's stock markets dropped considerably.

If more growth happens in China, with the unstable politics they have in that country, the whole world could see another "Wall Street Crash" very soon. Maybe this will warn companies about the reliance on the Chinese economy.

Discuss.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:24 - 27 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such is the nature of the Free Market.

Occasionally eveything will go tits-up, no matter who is currently top of the Power tree.

Surely the politics in Chaina are actually very stable, with only the ruling party in charge. IIRC.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 16:24 - 27 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, while it's indisputable that China is a growing economic power, there is no real story here. If you look further down the page, it mentions that the possibility of a minor South African tax had a similar effect on UK shares.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 16:26 - 27 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I've got this right the world's economy may be fubar'd by China.
If that doesn't happen then China's economic growth and industry is putting out so much pollution then the world will be fubar'd by China.

Putting it into perspective I did read somewhere that if an earthquake devestated Tokyo (it could happen) the Japanese would have to withdraw capital from around the world to rebuild it. That would seriously fubar all the other countries economy, including mighty U.S.A. , for many, many years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GodzGift
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 27 Feb 2007    Post subject: Re: Example of China's growing influence on the world... Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
If more growth happens in China, with the unstable politics they have in that country, the whole world could see another "Wall Street Crash" very soon.

Is this some sort of joke? Its natural for countries which hold the biggest populations in the world to have a steady hold on the world economics. e.g. india.

China will not affect the individual countries, reason being, if the UK would like to take away some trade, they should switch to production more and rather then import. If more counties done this it would be fine.

Still im not sure about these dodgy ebay sellers which seems to be cropping up more and more, cheap products mean less durability, as a consumer you can take control as well.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1