View previous topic : View next topic  

Tiberius1
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 04 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seres!

colezxr
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:44 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont suppose you know if the forks off your 750 are the same as the forks on the zxr 400 h1 are they, as far as i can tell the standerd calipers are the same. i was just thinking that if its the same i could get some nice 6 pot calipers. and where did you get the spacers made up and how much are they.

have you rode it yet with the calipers and have you noticed any better braking power.

i did hear that you can slot the 636 models forks strait into the standerd yokes all u have to do is leave about 5 or 10 mm out of the top of the yoke, then you have nice gold forks with radial calipers.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bullet
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:06 - 09 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought the h1 didn't have upsidedowny forks? and as for the calipers, im not sure either Confused i do know the 750 H uses smaller discs than the J though so they might not fit because of that? the spacers were £15 to get made up by a local machine shop, to fit the forks off a 636 or 10r you need to make up new spacers for the wheels aswell to get them to fit, and either space out the radial calipers or fit smaller discs Thumbs Up

Bullet
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:22 - 18 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok its been a while, but heres the future of project minja Wink

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/lsjbagpuss/minja/DSCF0015.jpg

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/lsjbagpuss/minja/DSCF0020.jpg

https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/lsjbagpuss/minja/DSCF0018.jpg

that would be a new frame (legitimate j plate, not a stolen recovered Q plated thinggy) and complete front and rear ends from an 05 zx10r including all suspension, wheels, brakes, yokes e.t.c.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 14:53 - 18 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gonna be sweet Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 16:03 - 18 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fack! You're alive!

Coming along nicely mate, looking forward to it fully done!

six
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:54 - 19 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice project... a pleasure to read.

I must say however that I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE those awful bug eyes! lol... change them! Very Happy

Bullet
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:33 - 19 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way dude.... the bug eyes are the pinnacle of old school cool. thyre definatly staying Razz just updating the handling and brakes a wee bit (the brakes are rubbish as standard Shocked

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 19 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Thumbs Up

edd
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:58 - 27 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those bug eyes are old school cool, keep them. Its gonna look mint with the 10r front and rear.

sven
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:15 - 05 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

helloooooo,hows the bike coming on?? i have 2 k's 1 which is standard and on the road and the other i bought complete with j bodywork,and thats my project got race tank and carbon fibre ram air box,i have collected all the k bodywork and of to get it in fuchs colers,have you ridden a k yet??

Sven[/img]

Bullet
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:00 - 08 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i almost have 2 bikes! if i had another engine and loom i could build up the other one! the 10r front n rear one is getting there, modded the 10r yokes, got drawings for the spacers i need to fit the swing arm, got a 10r dash and worked out the wiring to fit it, zzr1400 radial brake and clutch levers. my 10r front wheel has a slight flat spot though so have to get that straightend next unfortunatly ive run out of money! Laughing still havtnt riden my K model as i havnt bought the extended caliper bolts i need for the gixer calipers! looking forward to finding out what the flatslides are like though Shocked how much differance do you find the ram air box makes? is it worth the effort? as i was thinking of making one

sven
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:09 - 10 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi not sure about the air box yet as the bike i ride now is standard,i got the race tank and ram air box for the other bike which i am going to start this weekend,the frame,swinging arm and rims are mirror polished,so off to strip the bike so i can spay the frame and swinging arm silk black,the carbon fibre air box has the ram air nozzle which runs over the rocker cover,and comes out under the bottom yoke,i need to try and find more info for the carb set up,but generally on bikes with ram air they can add around 7bhp,my standard bike is running a full arrow race system and carbs set up,i dont mind the flatsides round town just low gears and clutch control,get it out off town and it puts a big smile on my face lol theres a lot off k info on https://homepage.ntlworld.com/webzxr/zxr750r/

Lasse
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 53 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4