Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

night club coat hoo-ha

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:12 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: night club coat hoo-ha Reply with quote

imagine this scenario if you will-
you have just walked in to a nightclub. you're at the counter paying £6 to get in.
your friends have left their coats at the check in thing at £1.70 each. you don't want to because you'll just have your stuff close by anyway and don't have the money after being bent over and taken for £6.

as you're about to leave, you go to grab your coat. it's not there. you ask a nearby security person where it would be if it's been put in lost property and not stolen. they say it would be at the cloak room.
fair do you think. you'll just go there, identify it as best you can so there's little/no doubt and you'll get it back. everyone's happy.

the person running the thing after finding your coat says you can't have it back unless you pay them for the storage of it.

you didn't ask them for storage of it, there was (apparently) one sign saying it would be moved if you left it unattended. if you don't pay then you'll have to wait another 2 hours (closing time) until you're able to have it back.

what's your thoughts on it? relative theft or no?

based on a true story of what happened earlier this evening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:19 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have read this far then you're probably thinking that (because there was one singular sign) it was my fault.

in amongst the forest of signs in and around any night club was one solitary one stating that should items be left unattended then it would be moved as it poses a fire risk.

the jackets in question were atop a table posing no fire hazard what-so-ever unless someone were dancing upon said table. and they were a fucking idiot with legs made of spaghetti.
common sense would dictate that unless your business is a money grabbing load of shite then you'd leave the jackets alone for the owners to take without hassle.

try explaining this to the bouncer who won't listen and puts up stupid arguments. you will undeniably end up frustrated at his pointless proof of power and call him "a fat cunt". this will be your downfall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave McCool
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:48 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, first up, calling bouncers rude names rarely ends well, and is best avoided, I find.

As for your coat, one of the biggest clubs here in Brighton won't allow girls to even bring in their handbags, they have to be stored in a cloakroom, which is basically a huge tent outside the front door.

We asked them the reasons for this, and they said that they were sick of people complaining they'd been robbed by someone who'd simply rooted through their bag at the bar or wherever, so decided this was the best way around it. The girls were a bit pissed by it at first, but now accept it, and it seems to work. A chat with another bouncer there recently revealed there'd been a drastic reduction in thefts.

As for your coat, I'd say get over it.

They offer a place to leave your coat. You decide to leave it somewhere else. They may have considered it to be making a mess of the place, or they may well have seen you as being pretty damned cheeky trying to get round their charges. Either way, you haven't got a leg to stand on really, £1.70 ain't the end of the world, and it pretty much guarantees your stuff won't get nicked, barring a dodgy cloakroom attendant.

Basically, it's their gaff, it's there rules, you either keep hold of your coat, or you risk it disappearing. I'd say you were lucky it only ended up in the cloakroom.

No offence intended mate, just the way I'd treat the situation.

What sort of club was it by the way?

I've based my answer on the assumption it's a large one, meaning leaving the coat out of sight was a bit daft.

If it's a smaller one, then perhaps not as stupid, but clearly they have to make their money somewhere.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave McCool wrote:
£1.70 ain't the end of the world

If you don't have £1.70 to store your jacket, what the hell are you going to buy beer with? Confused

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gehh, was written last night whilst still kinda drunk and pissed off about it.

basically i didn't have the money at the end of as the night club charges £6 to get in then a further £3.70 for a 330ml bottle of beer. all the other places near aren't so over the top and are better. the mug who wanted us to come out didn't want to go elsewhere.

i'll admit that the calling the bouncer rude names doesn't generally end well. it's just that after you exhaust all other resources trying to convince the bouncer you weren't being rude to the coat check person who has your coat in her hand with the new motorbike gloves that you bought in it, but trying to get across you didn't have the money after having your wallet raped by the club.

i was told i'd have to wait until the end of the night to get it back as there were hundreds of coats left unattended. he wouldn't listen that she had already got it, i just wanted it back.
there is no winning with a bouncer on a power trip.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 10:23 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

h00dwink wrote:
there is no winning with a bouncer on a power trip.

Don't smack a bouncer in the face either Laughing I learnt the hard way.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 11 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:

Don't smack a bouncer in the face either Laughing I learnt the hard way.

Nowhere else gets your point across, so don't deny yourself the chance.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 12 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you either hit the bouncer with talcum powder!

I know they have a job to do but alot are just plain rude and when i hear how a bouncer has been peppered, i think well that time you got rude and manhandled the wrong person this time hopefully you will live and learn!

Bouncers sometimes are wankers even though a couple of people i know are bouncers, they are cool with me cos they i know em but when they are on the door they turn into wankers ive had a polite word about it to them but it goes in stays in then on the night they work it has disappeared from their brain!

And as for £1.70 if i was in the que at the cloakroom or overheard your conversation with the bouncer id give you £2 to get your jacket back!

£1.70 these days is a coke can, packet of crisps & chocolate bar!

Life is expensive now!

Last edited by woo on 11:59 - 23 Oct 2023; edited 1 time in total

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 18:04 - 12 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that a team of horses managed to drag me into a nightclub in the first place, then I wouldn't leave any of my possessions out of my view. I'd probably wear my jacket all night, with the pockets zipped.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 12 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could have always told them the only cash you have left is in the coat, when they hand it over so you can get said cash out, turn and leave?

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 12 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know they have a job to do, but it's their gang style mentality that makes them such bastards.
i tried explaining the problem to the bouncer, he kept interupting me and contradicting me. so i told him again, he tells me to stop interupting him. we go round and round like this.

in situations like that i'm not really one for going off the deep end and swearing as it's a sign of weakness in conversation.
but when you've been wound up so much by some twat who's only acting that way because he's got 4 mates with him, after a wee while i lost it.

it winds me up even now when i play it back in my head. the guy was such a first class prick. i'v often sympathised with bouncers before because i'v never been bothered by them. they're just doing there job is all.
but this does explain (to me at least) why they get into fights quite frequently.

also, they love that they almost have immunity from the police because of that course they have to do. it gives them the credibility over anyone Evil or Very Mad

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:22 - 13 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay them, beef with a bouncer will result in an obligatory 10 minute kicking outside the club as I have disovered.

Does toughen you up though another round and i'd be a galvanised nail.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 50 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1